“So nice, we came twice!”

A Taberna do Pescador
Ranked #220 of 915 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were recommended by a friend to go and eat here and we weren’t disappointed! My mum and sister had the sea bass, my daughter had a huge bit of salmon which looked amazing and I went for the swordfish that was so huge that I couldn’t finish it. Just before we left the table next to us had their shellfish cataplana delivered to them, it looked so impressive that we had to go back a few nights later for my daughter and mum to have it, they said it was lovely but very rich and filling! We were made to feel very welcome and they were very attentive even though they were very busy on both occasions.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At the bottom of the escalators in Albufeira old town there is a fish restaurant called The Fisherman’s Tavern.

7 of us arrived mid afternoon and were offered an enormous snapper fish. It came with boiled potatoes, salad and also vegetables and two of our party went for chicken piri piri.

The fish was not only fresh but expertly cooked. The chicken piri piri was a bit dry to be honest but still fresh.

We had cheesecake for desert which was excellent and a decent size. Drinks were reasonably priced and the house wine very good.

Service was polite and efficient. The overal bill was very fare considering what we had. It’s a nice location and good for a bit of people watching.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to visit it again as there was nothing unique about it but I also wouldn’t walk past it if I was hungry.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We had been recommended this place so decided to give it a go. Wish we hadn't...The owner made us a table as there were 8 of us but we were away from the other diners. Consequently we had to repeatedly ask and 're ask for everything! Food was ok, nothing spectacular. Swordfish was large but only 2 boiled potatoes to accompany it all g with a manky looming salad. One if our group had the salmon which was so dry she struggled to eat it. The worst thing however was the stench of the drains. Utterly disgusting. We ate up what we could and left quickly. Would not go again.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

One of the best restaurants I have eaten at in the area. Service was great and food was incredible with everything fresh. Totaly recommend!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Definitely the place to eat..near of the ocean,with fresh food and good service,staff fast and polite,we had a great time there!thanks guys for the good food you provide and with good prices..