1,035 results
All reviews moonlight restaurant star hotel pool bar nature reserve beautiful hotel gin bar half board adult pools kids club buffet restaurant golf resort rain shower sightseeing bus kids pool old town lobby area small train
Reviewed June 9, 2017

This place is actually more than good enough for relaxing or work purposes. I lived there several months unfortunately in the winter time but the temperatures were more than good enough for spring-summer clothes or golf. One of the best parts of the whole resort was the cuisine which was literally perfect like almost everything. Nature around and rooms tidy and clean. The only reservation I have is the gym which was very small for such a huge resort but I think there was a new one in construction or a workout place outside close to the main congress building. I can recommend visiting this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
NAUHotels_Resorts, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at Salgados Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Jan A.,

We wnat to thnak you for sharing your positive feedback about your stay with us in Salgados Palace.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your holiday at Salgados Palace. It is really important to us that all of our guests benefit from the best experience and leave with a positive feeling of our hotel.

Concerning to the gym, kindly note that the gym is part of the spas' circuit, being more functional and reserved from the crowd.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on may 30th 2017 at 9pm having booked what was advertised as a 5 star family hotel.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a lifeless conference centre where reception informed that there was no evening entertainment available and we looked out the window to see dark swimming pools that looked as welcoming as the hotel itself.

With huge empty spaces across all of the hotel and staff that look like they are paying to be there themselves we felt like we had arrived at a morgue.

After some words with reception we were granted access to the Salgado village hotel which had far more of a family feel but with our black wristbands as opposed to the all inclusive yellows were treated like outsiders when attempting to get towels and buy drinks.

I cannot stress enough that families should not attend this hotel, but if you have a laptop and a PowerPoint to present to 100s of people to fill the empty space then you may be ok.

Things to note:

Poor selection to food in the restaurant and of poor quality
The beach is more like 600km away than 600 meters
Our mini bar which contained one beer one can of coke and one orange juice was not topped up once
No evening entertainment
No egg chef
Miserable staff
Very little in local area baring in mind lack of entertainment
Sports bar wasn't even open

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank toniobrummio

Dear TonioBrummio,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience about your recent stay at Salgados Palace.

We do regret reading your comment and disappointment with our services. It is very important to us that all our guests benefit from the best experience.

We took not of your feedback concerning our entertainment, staff and food and beverage quality. Our guests' feedback have a great value to us and we will adress it to our management team for consideration to improve our service quality.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcome you once more in the future and meet your expectations.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

It was my second time. The hotel is still very good. The rooms are spacious, well decorated and clean. It is a pity with such fantastic balconies that the hotel just has a simple pair of uncomfortable chairs and a table. It should have an ottoman and better quality furniture like Anantara Victoria Hotel has in their balconies. I just had two major problems in my stay. The first was the extremely poor wifi reception even after I complained and the second and much bizarre was to ask the favor to have a late checkout and the front desk saying that to have it I should pay 10€ until 1pm or 15€ until 2pm. Never happened in any other hotel. Another huge problem was the almost zero cell phone reception. Of course it is not a hotel fault but I can't imagine how an international phone would work! If this is a normal situation they can ask the cell phone companies more connection power. Easy!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing once more Salgados Palace.
We are very appreciated for your positive comments about our rooms as being "spacious, well decorated and clean"
Although, do apologize that about our balconies and furniture did not met your expectations.
Please note that we took your feedback and foward it to the management team in order to improve our quality service.

Again thank you for your time. We are looking forward in welcoming you in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Again this year salgados palace didn't dissapoint... everything was fabulous... already planning next year's trip with the whole family..

New pools built.. a new soccer pitch for kids being currently done... the food is beautiful.... staff are brilliant ....

A fabolous break...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
NAUHotels_Resorts, Sub-chefe de Receção at Salgados Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear Cnpdower,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for sharing with us your positive feedback about your stay at Salgados Palace.

We are thrilled that you have enjoyed again your holidays at our hotel and we thank you for your comments about our service and facilities.

I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back, once again.

João Borges.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Although I have visited and vacationed in the Algarve many times in the Past I had never stayed in this area, so I decided to book a long weekend stay given the quote I got from 7ideas with half board - under 110 euros per night for 3 persons.

We parked in the Hotels underground garage that leads directly to recepcion. Check in was fast and efficient.

The standard room is very good: spacious, with a great balcony, tastefully decorated, a lot of storage space, nespresso coffee maker, free bottle of water, free wifi, and I could go on...only difficulty was using the shampoo as it was nearly impossible to use - the plastic was too hard!

They have 4 outdoor pools in total, none was heated, which is unfortunate and a big no no for families, because the indoor pool is adults only and paid for (10 euros).

My daughter spent a lot of time in the kids pool with a pirate ship and slides and loved it. I even gave up going to zoomarine next door.

Breakfast was very good but dinner was very dissapointing, and if I decide to return I would not book HB, even if it was given away for free. There are many options nearby - by car or taxi that are so much better...for instance trying the Guia Chicken, maybe the best in Portugal.

The beach is walking distance, 15 to 20 minutes.

Service was good and overall I recommend the Hotel and its unique, exquisite location with extensive gardens and lush palmtrees, just not in the winter with children!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Pcfialho,

On behalf of all the team, we thank you for your kind words of recognitions and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
It is really important to us that all of our guests benefit from the best experience and are left with a positive perception of our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments about our “fast and efficient” service, our “tastefully decorated” rooms and our facilities.

What concerns to the indoor pool and the evening meals, please note that your comments deserve all our attention and we can assure you they will be taken into consideration and passed on to the different supervisors in order to work towards improving our faults.

I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you in a near future and give us another opportunity to create more memorable stays as you described.

Kind regards,