Just come back after spending 1st two weeks of April here (including Easter) (Self Catering) Apartment was a good size, clean and fairly well equipped. Full working oven was a plus as able to cook and feed same as at home ie Pizza, roast chicken etc which some of you may say is not the point of a holiday, I rather cook and have good healthy meals than pay a fortune and eat junk for 2 weeks. We overlooked pool on 5th floor. Did not notice any noise or disturbance. Location is excellent for self catering and 3 supermarkets close by. Worth comparing prices as varied between Continente and Dolce Pinge.Hotel courtesy bus runs to Old Town
NEGATIVES were that everything is very expensive at this hotel. sunbed matress was 2 euro a day, Safety deposit box was 35 euro + 25 euro deposit. Bar was extortinate ie large beer 3.50, Magnums 7.50.(we bought drink at supermarket and enjoyed without terrible entertainment You had to have a membership for gym,swimming hats for indoor pool not advertised. Beach quite a long walk with little people and everything you need to take. Hotel Childrens club did not run during first week despite assurance from entertainments manager before booking holiday and then only run for a couple of days over Easter with arty crafty things. Nothing for kids to do in evenings or day if weather bad unless with Thomas Cook/kids club when in season. Be careful with day trips. Ticket Shop has several shops offering same trips at different prices. Shop on strip and at bottom of strip are cheapest. We paid 16 at shopping mall to find we could have only paid 12 euro elsewhere.
Overall we had a reasonably priced holiday as we did self cater. If we had eaten out or used hotel bar and restaurants we would have spent several hundred pounds doing so. As Portugal is suffering badly with the drop in Euro their prices seem to have increased. We did not find it particularly cheap and would probalby not return in the foreseeable future unless we picked up a bargain!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is a family resort located in the heart of Albufeira. Just a few minutes from the main beach Playa de los Pescadores and the city center, it is the perfect starting point for a vacation surrounded by the intense life of this great tourist resort. The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Spa, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 3.50 / each at the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso De Albufeira Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso De Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso Albufeira
- Paraiso Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Paraiso De Hotel
- Aparthotel Paraiso De Albufeira
- Hotel Paraiso De Albufeira Portugal - Algarve