firstly do not use Shuttle Direct for transfers ! `special` price turned out to mean they dropped you off at hotel but would only pick you up from nearest town 5 miles away !!
Hotel was a mixture of good and poor.The room was massive with separate double bedroom a kitchen although no tea making facility. TV with several english channels inc sport. spare blankets etcFree air con !.Meals were ok, limited choice but mainly decent standard and plenty of room in restaurant.Bar service for us was excellent however we found out that spirits on AI were only available between 6pm-8.30pm which coincided with dinner times ! There were 2 pools and plenty of sunbeds and no `towel booking` ! Packed lunches were not available if you were on a trip which most hotels do.Entertainment was on most nights with usual fare i.e.reptile show,parrot show, karaoke etc.Beach was a 20min walk but was a lovely sandy beach that went on for miles.A few shops nearby but generally not much to do. Trips were decent value but no info on anything in hotel.We had mixed weather but hotel might seem better in height of summer.Definitely nothing for children here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve