1,157 results
All reviewsnorth poolhollywood barself cateringcd playerfalesia beachold towncourtesy busone bedroom apartmentquiet arealarger poolsun terracegreat holidaynearest beachbars and restaurantsthe hotel offerslocal beachanimation team
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is clean & welcoming. Staff friendly & efficient. Both pools are lovely with plenty of sun beds. Apartment 2 beds & 2 bathrooms - perfect for families with huge lounge & kitchen. Large balconies, hotel in quiet spot. Free courtesy bus to the old town & beautiful beach 20 min walk away. Lots of steps to beach & very steep road but so worth it - even the climb back up! Lovely ice cream parlour in square next to the beach.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
subdirec2r, Gerente de relações com clientes at Alpinus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear Clair,
Thank you for your preference and for your kind comments. The new Alpinus Hotel Management is doing everything to continue improving our services and facilities.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I stayed at the Alpinus Hotel this August along with my wife and 3 kids (14,11,7). The hotel is situated about 25 minutes outside of Albufeira and the nearest beach is a 15 minute walk. The hotel itself was very clean and the room we stayed in had 2 bedrooms, a large sitting area including a kitchen and table, we also had 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies. The rooms were cleaned daily along with the towels changed. We never once seen any mozzies or other bugs the whole time we were there, apart from the baby gecko that seamed to live in the corridor which my youngest grew to love over the 2 weeks we were their. We were all inclusive so used the hotel buffet restaurant 3 times a day, the food was very good although we did get sick towards the end of our stay as it seamed very repetitive, there was always a good mixture to cater for all needs though. Don't let this put you off though as it was all very nice. The hotel staff were all very nice and would always go out their way to help you if you needed them to. This hotel is very much a family orientated hotel and their is plenty for young kids to do all day with the fab entertainment team. The only downside I thought was the night time entertainment was pretty poor and the small bar area that we ended up queuing for an age every time we wanted drinks. The pool areas were always very clean although they could do with some more sunbeds as it they always got taken pretty quickly even though a lot of them sat with towels on all day with nobody using them. All in all I would love to stay at the Alpinus again.

Room Tip: Families opt for a 2 bedroom suite as they are very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
subdirec2r, Guest Relations Manager at Alpinus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear Mark,

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Large clean and comfortable 2 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms. Pool area clean. All inclusive food of a high quality but we felt that it was a bit repetitive having stopped at the hotel 10 days so started to eat out locally once a day for the last 5 days. Bar service was generally quick even during the evening entertainment but a quieter bar away from the entertainment at night time would have been good.

Room Tip: Rooms serviced daily. Great pillows.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
2  Thank EugeneW242
subdirec2r, Guest Relations Manager at Alpinus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Eugene W.,

Reviewed August 29, 2017

This hotel is very good. It is located in a nice city of a nice country in Europe - just a two hour flight from the United Kingdom. The hotel rooms were nice and spacious and the campus (on which the hotel stood) was very big - providing us with lots to do: in pools and on the sides.

When deciding to come here - please note - breakfast is NOT complimentary. But apart from that I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Reviewed August 29, 2017

My partner and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of August, in a self catering apartment. It was very spacious, with a big balcony overlooking lots of trees towards the sea. Air conditioning was great, and the rooms were cleaned and towels replaced every day or two. No bugs, ants or cockroaches seen at all during our stay in any part of the hotel. Comfy bed. Quite area.

We found that most people staying were families and all inclusive. We used the restaurant that on two nights and each night there was a good choice of local food and "regular" food (always veg and things like chicken nuggets and chips). The menu for the day is displayed in the reception area. We were seated immediately when we went to eat but at 8:30PM it seemed like people had to wait for ten minutes or so - but the restaurant area never seemed over crowded or too loud.

The two pool areas are great. North pool is bigger with more sun loungers and grass, this is where the daily activities take place. There is a small pool suitable for toddlers and young (under 10) kids. Then there is the big pool, also child friendly pool, but is classed as one of the two adult pools - shallow at one end and deep at the other. Lots of children with inflatables - but not too busy. This was always busy and crowded. We could never get a bed as there were always towels lying out from 9:30am onwards it seemed. We preferred the South pool. This too had a small toddlers/8 year olds pool but also a bigger adult one. This one rarely had children as the edges were shallow and the middle deep. Sun loungers were again always covered in towels so it was hard to get a lounger. I asked the reception staff to move the towels as there are signs that say it is not allowed but they said they could not, so I moved the towels, folded them up and put them on the tables beside the sun lounger, and nobody said anything (because they obviously knew they were in the wrong!). Have seen reviews that pools are a maze to get to... It's not! Just have to go up and over the restaurant to get to the north pool. Don't let this turn you off. South pool doesn't get sun after 2PM while we were there and only half the sunbeds get it after 12PM. North pool, only half sun loungers get the sun after 2PM and it's gone by 6PM.

The reception staff were nice and as helpful as they could be... Though I was really annoyed they didn't do anything about the sun loungers! One guy helped us with maps and bus timetables and helped us navigate our way to the Wednesday morning Gypsy Market in Quartiera. It's a 15 minute walk from the hotel to a bus stop and a 30 minute bus ride into Quartiera (the driver told us when to get off!).

Every day they had games and activities for kids and adults. Stretching each morning, with an activity every hour or so. Dutch Shuffleboard (for kids), Archery (with suckers not metal, for kids), Darts (plastic, but adults joined in), Pool Games (kids and adults), Water Polo (kids and adults), Table Tennis (free to play at all times but I think they held a tournament), Aqua Zumba (I loved this, kids and adults, guys and girls), Aqua Gym, Birds of Prey presentation, think that's all of them. There is also two pool tables, one at each pool, that costs 3 Euros for a game.

In the evening there is always a Kid's mini disco at 9pm and then evening entertainment at 9.30PM for 90 mins - two hours. The nights we were there they had a Reptile Show, Karaoke, Family Games Night, Couple Games, Sketch Show, Interactive Quiz, and a musical performance.

There is a free shuttle bus that runs from the hotel door to both Praia de Falesia (the nearby beach) and the town centre of Albufeira. I agree with other reviews that it would have been better if this was more frequent - and it's true that you need to book the day before or maybe two days before. A taxi to Albufeira cost us 12 Euros each way. The bus to the beach leaves at 10, 10:30, 11, 12:40, 16:40, 18:20 and 18:50, and returns are at 10:15, 10:45, 11:15, 12:50, 16:45, 18:35 and 19:00. The bus to Albufiera (either the Strip or the old town) leaves the hotel at 9AM, 12 noon or 7:20PM and returns at 9:20AM, 12:20, 6PM and 7:40PM. I would recommend visiting the old town. A beautiful big square with lots of tourist shops, loads of restaurants and bars (loads), lots of live music, beautiful beach, history etc.

The gypsy market in Quartiera was fantastic. It is filled with fake Ray Bans - Koko Bems and Roy Boms etc! Loads of fake clothing and shoe brands: Lacoste, Nike, Adidas, Polo Ralph Lauren, Fred Perry, you name it. Same with bags - they have bags sitting without the logo and then you can choose the logo and they super glue it on! Or they have the Louis Vuitton print. I got a pair of sunglasses on sale for 15E for 5E. I suggested 5E, and he said no, 12, but I stuck to 5E until he gave up at 8E. I then left and he came chasing after me to give them to me for 5E! Also got a lovely leather "Louis Vuitton" for 12E instead of 30E. Don't feel cheeky haggling - they expect this! They will laugh if you if you take it for the for sale price. We used this opportunity to get some nice baked goods from Lidl too!

Loads of cafes, shops, bars and restaurants nearby - we ate at Restaurante Olympico and Tri Costa or something - both SUPERB. Really nice. This mixed land/sea kebabs were my favourite. And the fresh fish (lots of bones).

We booked a sea cruise around the coast with caves and swimming. There is a booking office near the hotel - we paid 29 Euros each for shuttle transfer to Albufeira marina, and a glass of wine on the boat. Really loved this and would have done it again in the same week if my partner was keen! So many companies with boats so easy to get - should book two days in advance but some might have space for the day in advance.

Hope I've not missed anything...! Any questions please contact me.

I would say this hotel is great for families and older couples, terrible for young couples. I wouldn't stay here again unless with my family and kids (we are 26 years old). But really nice hotel!

Room Tip: No sea view - only trees. Pool might be nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple