Visited for 4 nights in early September, pool view 1 bed room was huge (more of a self catering apartment, with separate kitchen and sofa bed in lounge). Staff are efficient and friendly - we had an issue with our shower which we reported at breakfast on Sunday and the maintenance guy appeared by 10am!
Both pools were lovely and clean, no issue getting sunbeds. Larger north pool was great for swimming but tended to get rowdier later in day with kids. Nice mix of nationalities at the hotel
We were halfboard and the buffet was adequate - lots of choice at breakfast, evening meals were fine but not overly exciting, can imagine you would get bored if here for longer than 4 nights!
Hotel itself is in a quite remote area so not for you if you are looking to be right in the middle of the nightlife. Taxis to the strip etc would be quite reasonable though for evenings and the occasional free bus transfers Albufeira are great for a day visit. Beach is about a 20 minute walk and is beautiful, can walk all the way to Vilamoura in less than 2 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve