This was our fifth year staying in the Alpinus hotel and we were glad to see the hotel under new management as the building was beginning to look tired and the service was going downhill. However, when we returned this time, the building paintwork had been refreshed and we were greeted by friendly faces.
Alpinus is an excellent base if you want to explore the Albufeira area. It is NOT in the centre of Albufeira but is located in a pretty suburb that has bars, restaurants, and shops within walking distance. The bus has a shuttle bus to the beautiful beach but we walk the 1.5 kilometres as it is a lovely walk. You can easily travel to Albufeira by hotel bus or local bus (bus stop right outside the hotel!). Would recommend visiting Ohlos de Agua, a pretty resort around two miles away. Again, if you like walking, this is a nice walk.
In the area outside the hotel (Acoteias), we'd recommend Hugo Tapas bar, Il Sole Mio for Italian food, and a walk towards Ohlos de Agua will take you past a great Indian restaurant (O Licorne). If you like running, head down towards the beach and run around the cross country running track.
The rooms in the hotel are so spacious and fantastic for self catering. They are clean with large kitchens. The furnishings may be more basic than in other hotels, but we couldn't fault the value for money for what we needed the room for. If you don't want to sit in a hotel all day, this is a fantastic option. We had a couple of maintenance hitches which were fixed almost immediately so great service from reception and staff at all times.
Lovely hotel and area, we will be back and thanks to all for the great service! We will be after a top floor sun terrace next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve