All reviewssea viewminute walkthe cliffstayed bed and breakfastindoor poolrooms were cleaned every daycentianes beachcourtesy busthe ground floorcleaned dailyturkish bathrooms were very cleanthe hotel offerswi figames roommobility problemsevery evening
Reviewed November 5, 2017

I have just returned from a week long stay at the Baia Cristal hotel, by means of the Leger holiday group.

In brief; in my opinion, the following applied:-

- Spotlessly clean room with good facilities.
- Entertainment every night, except Sunday. Great bar atmosphere.
- Lovely food, presented buffet style, in a spacious dining room with sea views.
- Super friendly and helpful staff.
- Despite being slightly outside the town of Carvoeiro (approx 20 min walk), there is a bus stop right outside the hotel entrance (immediately to the left, same side) where the 6 Euro bus stops. This can be used for a 24 hour travel period and goes around the area, including stops in the town centre. These run every 45 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the hotel reception, where £1 is paid. The remaining £5 is paid on the bus.

- One evening, the hotel reception kindly ordered a taxi for us, as a group, which cost 8 euros one way.

- Overall a beautifully located hotel situated on the cliffs, with a non-commercialised beach beneath. I had a really enjoyable stay here with a great crowd of people.

Room Tip: I had a car park view, with a balcony, which was pleasant and quiet. I decided not to pay the sea view supplement.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SheshG
DirBC, Manager at Hotel Baia Cristal, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Dear guest SheshG

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for your excelent review.
We are very happy to know taht you had great time at our hotel.
Thank you for your compliments to our staff and service.
I hope that you return to Baia Cristal in the future.

Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2017

I stayed in this hotel when I was Carvoeiro on business in June.

The location of this hotel is good if you are looking for somewhere to escape to but this is also one of it's downsides as far as I was concerned. It is a long way from the centre of Carvoeiro, around a 20 minute walk down a road with no footpaths to get into the town and if you don't have any transport then you can feel stranded.

The staff at this hotel are good and very friendly. They made the check in and check in process very easy. They were able to deal with any issues that came up straight away and couldn't do enough.

The rooms in this hotel are fairly comfortable but for me they are basic and don't have too much character. The beds are comfortable though and I slept well for the time I was here.

The food at this hotel was not the best that I have had in all the hotels that I have stayed in. The food was all a self service buffet and was as you usually find in those environments.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ThomasR1249

Dear gues Thomas R,,

Thank yiou very much for your stay with us and for your positive feedback.
I would like to inform you that the road to Carvoeiro has ben improved and is now much saffer.
Thank you for your compliments to our staff.
I hope that you return to Baia Cristal in the future.

Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed October 16, 2017

First visited this hotel last year and decided to return for a late holiday.
This is not the smartest 4star but is very friendly and welcoming. Couldn't get a sea view with Jet 2 but rang hotel direct and they managed to accommodate us with a fab. Refurbished room.
The position is great with lovely clifftop seaviews and the town is just a 15min stroll away.
We stayed bed and breakfast and the food was fine with plenty of choice on offer but still not hot enough!
The garden had been extended by reclaiming clifftop land and is a huge improvement . It was only half done at our time of visit so when completed will be a great asset to the hotel.
The pool is in need of renovation but this is also in hand. I believe they are to close for a spell during the winter months to accomplish this.
The staff play a huge part in making this hotel such a pleasant place to visit especially those in reception and Valter, Eduardo and Julio in the bar. Always friendly and helpful.
Also thank you to the reservations manager for getting us the room of our choice. Also the general manager who no matter how busy will always find the time for a few words.
So, yes a bit dated but gradually being improved apart from that a really nice place to visit and reasonably priced. I recommend it and will probably return again in the near future.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine G

Dear guest Christine G,
Thank you very much for your stay and for your positive feedback and for your loyalty
We are vey happy to know that overall you had an excellent stay with us.
I woul like to inform you that our garden shoul be finished on your next visit
I hope that you return in the future.
manager

Reviewed October 6, 2017

checked in very quickly great room overlooking pool,sea view, great rooms very clean the cleaner came in every day,the restaurant was well laid out food plenty,something for everyone including veggies and gluten free. all the staff were very pleasant and helpful even the manager ate in restaurant at lunch time.rooms well equipped no loud music after about 1100pm allin all great holiday good value.

Room Tip: try to engage with staff learn a few words of Portuguese then they will learn your language it make life easier for all.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Daniela E, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Baia Cristal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear daddydeyomas,
Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us.
Your comments are very important for us to do even better.
It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Baia Cristal.
Kind Regards