All reviews sea view minute walk the cliff stayed bed and breakfast indoor pool rooms were cleaned every day courtesy bus centianes beach the ground floor cleaned daily turkish bath rooms were very clean the hotel offers wi fi games room mobility problems every evening
Reviewed November 11, 2017

On arrival you are asked for your credit card in case you have extras. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have my credit card. So be mindful of that.

We arrived early so our room wasn't ready so we went to the pool bar for some cocktails and waited for the restaurant to open for lunch.
I thought the food was very nice, large variety and lovely salads. My only complaint is that the food was never hot enough but apart from that the food was nice.

The hotel was very clean and tidy. Always smelled fresh. Our room was cleaned everyday and we got fresh towels.
The jacuzzi we used regularly and the sauna and steam room.
The staff was so friendly, The maintenance man, even though he didn't speak much English always tried to converse with us, he was so lovely!
The barmen, Eduardo, Julio and Volter? He was an absolute scream! so funny!
Reception were helpful and friendly enough.

We had a little issue and raised it with the Manager and he sorted it out straight away.
The toilet wouldn't flush one day and we reported it to reception and our little maintenance man came and fixed it straight away.

The entertainment was hit and miss but we were up dancing anyway. The drinks choice for AI was ok and the house wine was very nice.

We had a fantastic stay here. Met some lovely people who made our holiday even better.
I imagine how busy it would be in peak season but going end of October was just right for me, not too busy at all and it was 25/26 degrees everyday.
There is a courtesy minibus that takes you into the town and you can take a taxi for 4/5 euros into the town. The town itself is beautiful.
The beach is 10/15mins walk but there are steps down to the beach,a lot of steps! Once you're down there the beach is lovely. We went on a boat trip to see the caves. Recommend that one! there was also a trip to see the dolphins too!
We went on an excursion - Hidden Treasures? It wasn't worth the 42euros. Avoid that trip.
Great hotel and Great staff!
I would definitely return to this hotel.!!

Room Tip: I guess you have to ask for a sea view. We were in ~209 and we could see the garden and the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank PollyPoshP
DirBC, Manager at Hotel Baia Cristal, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Dear guest PollyPoshP,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for your excelent review.
We are very happy to know taht you had great time at our hotel.
Thank you for your compliments to our staff and service, namely Eduardo and valter

Reviewed November 5, 2017

I have just returned from a week long stay at the Baia Cristal hotel, by means of the Leger holiday group.

In brief; in my opinion, the following applied:-

- Spotlessly clean room with good facilities.
- Entertainment every night, except Sunday. Great bar atmosphere.
- Lovely food, presented buffet style, in a spacious dining room with sea views.
- Super friendly and helpful staff.
- Despite being slightly outside the town of Carvoeiro (approx 20 min walk), there is a bus stop right outside the hotel entrance (immediately to the left, same side) where the 6 Euro bus stops. This can be used for a 24 hour travel period and goes around the area, including stops in the town centre. These run every 45 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the hotel reception, where £1 is paid. The remaining £5 is paid on the bus.

- One evening, the hotel reception kindly ordered a taxi for us, as a group, which cost 8 euros one way.

- Overall a beautifully located hotel situated on the cliffs, with a non-commercialised beach beneath. I had a really enjoyable stay here with a great crowd of people.

Room Tip: I had a car park view, with a balcony, which was pleasant and quiet. I decided not to pay the sea view supplement.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SheshG

Dear guest SheshG

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for your excelent review.
We are very happy to know taht you had great time at our hotel.
Thank you for your compliments to our staff and service.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

I stayed in this hotel when I was Carvoeiro on business in June.

The location of this hotel is good if you are looking for somewhere to escape to but this is also one of it's downsides as far as I was concerned. It is a long way from the centre of Carvoeiro, around a 20 minute walk down a road with no footpaths to get into the town and if you don't have any transport then you can feel stranded.

The staff at this hotel are good and very friendly. They made the check in and check in process very easy. They were able to deal with any issues that came up straight away and couldn't do enough.

The rooms in this hotel are fairly comfortable but for me they are basic and don't have too much character. The beds are comfortable though and I slept well for the time I was here.

The food at this hotel was not the best that I have had in all the hotels that I have stayed in. The food was all a self service buffet and was as you usually find in those environments.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ThomasR1249

Dear gues Thomas R,,

Thank yiou very much for your stay with us and for your positive feedback.
I would like to inform you that the road to Carvoeiro has ben improved and is now much saffer.
Thank you for your compliments to our staff.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed October 16, 2017

First visited this hotel last year and decided to return for a late holiday.
This is not the smartest 4star but is very friendly and welcoming. Couldn't get a sea view with Jet 2 but rang hotel direct and they managed to accommodate us with a fab. Refurbished room.
The position is great with lovely clifftop seaviews and the town is just a 15min stroll away.
We stayed bed and breakfast and the food was fine with plenty of choice on offer but still not hot enough!
The garden had been extended by reclaiming clifftop land and is a huge improvement . It was only half done at our time of visit so when completed will be a great asset to the hotel.
The pool is in need of renovation but this is also in hand. I believe they are to close for a spell during the winter months to accomplish this.
The staff play a huge part in making this hotel such a pleasant place to visit especially those in reception and Valter, Eduardo and Julio in the bar. Always friendly and helpful.
Also thank you to the reservations manager for getting us the room of our choice. Also the general manager who no matter how busy will always find the time for a few words.
So, yes a bit dated but gradually being improved apart from that a really nice place to visit and reasonably priced. I recommend it and will probably return again in the near future.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine G

Dear guest Christine G,
Thank you very much for your stay and for your positive feedback and for your loyalty
We are vey happy to know that overall you had an excellent stay with us.
I woul like to inform you that our garden shoul be finished on your next visit
I hope that you return in the future.
manager