Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Perfect local experience

What a great way to discover the lovely city of Faro. If you only have two or three days to... read more

Reviewed March 7, 2020
sterretheunisseb
via mobile
Wonderful tour, above and beyond!

This is the best activity you can do in the Algarve! We felt like we understood so much more about... read more

Reviewed December 29, 2019
ericostlund
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Faro
from US$36.99
from US$50.59
from US$39.53
from US$12.87
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2019

The Old City Food & Cultural Tour, in Faro delivers on all it promises and then more. A friend and I enjoyed a fabulous evening in Faro with Antonio and his other guests on the tour.
Thanks to our informed and convivial host we discovered a lot of history in hidden spaces and enjoyed the hospitality of restaurants we might not have otherwise found. I have rarely felt so welcomed to share in food and wine offerings of a city.
One of the joys our time in the Algarve was taking part in this special experience and laughing our way through some hours with friendly and like minded foodie folk. Felicidades...

Date of experience: September 2019
eatingalgarvetours, Owner at Eating Algarve Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2019

Dear Anne, thank you so much for joining us in our Old City Food & Cultural Tour, in Faro. It really makes us feel special knowing our tour was one of your joys during your stay in the Algarve. It is a privilege for me taking you to some hidden spaces to enjoy our hospitality, food and wine. And as you said, we like to do it in a convivial and friendly way. We believe that´s the only way to in fact. Thank you for coming to enjoy a fabulous evening with me and the other guests!
Your new friend,

Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

No voids in this program Young, knowledgeable and amazingly enthusiastic presentation, well
representing as much as possible during our 3 hour food-beverage-history tour.
Totally worth the time and Euros.
Cheers

Joana M, Owner at Eating Algarve Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Dear Lee,
What a compliment!!! Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review on the tour you and your beautiful family had.
It was a great pleasure meeting and guiding you all!
Cherers!!!
The warmest regards,
Joana

Sharing Tasteful Experiences!

Reviewed October 1, 2019 via mobile

The tour was a great way to spend to spend 5 hours in beautiful Faro. Our guide, Antonio was extremely knowledgable and during our tour we had access to areas not available to the public. We walked round some of the remaining city wall that was within a private property and also went down to the tunnels under one of the restaurants we visited. We also went up to the bell tower of the cathedral. The food was first rate and included a number of off menu dishes. The wine choices were also fabulous. All in all the tour was great value for money given the amount of food and drink we both enjoyed. I would highly recommend taking a tour with Antonio around the old city!

Date of experience: September 2019
eatingalgarvetours, Owner at Eating Algarve Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2019

Dear Melanie, let me thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our Old City Food & Cultural Tour, in Faro, is in fact a food & drink marathon of 5 hours, as you well said. I love to share tastings that are part of my favourite items in my diet, not only food but drink as well. We feel honoured when you recognize the great value for money for the number of tastings you had. And thank you once again for recommending our tours with everyone!
Your new friend:

Reviewed September 17, 2019

My wife and I decided to book this tour at the last minute, and their web site said nothing was available. But I decided to call, and Joana called me back quickly to let me know they had availability for this tour on the next day. So call even if the web site says there is no availability.

We met Antonio promptly at 4:30PM and proceeded to receive a short walking tour of the Old Town walls and surround area. (Be aware that there are several steps/stairs involved, though Antonio might have had a plan if we had had anyone with limited mobility.) From there, we walked to the first venue, and let the eating and drinking begin! We visited five sites in total, sampled at least ten different dishes and five different drinks (beer, several wines, and a finishing cocktail). In many cases, the food was traditional Algarvian and not necessarily on the restaurants' regular menus. The tour group was ten in total, all English speaking. We finished just before 10PM.

My wife and I loved the tour and food. Antonio was a gracious and informative host. We will definitely consider doing another tour in the future.

Date of experience: September 2019
eatingalgarvetours, Owner at Eating Algarve Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear Mark, let me thank you for taking the time to write such a review about our Old City Food & Cultural Tour, in Faro, last week. You did well to call us in advance, as our website is set to accept bookings only 48 hours before the activity is chosen. But there are situations, like yours, where we are still able to accept bookings with 1 day before the date. Thank you for calling us! We also take pleasure to accommodate everyone´s needs as best as we can, and we are grateful you share that info. This is a tour with plenty to drink and eat, plus with a lot of historical insights!
Thank you once again, and hope to guide you and your partner at another opportunity!
Your new friend,

Reviewed September 16, 2019

Joana is an amazing person, she will guide you with passion and share the best food and culture in Faro.

Date of experience: September 2019
Joana M, Owner at Eating Algarve Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear Veronica Rato,
Thank you for the great compliment!
I had a great time guiding you and Benjamin on that big group of 11 from all over the world.
It is wonderful to know that you've enjoyed that much our gastronomy and culture.

The warmest regards,