“Great place to meet other solo travellers on Budget” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Faro Lounge

Faro Lounge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faro
Faro Lounge
Ranked #21 of 23 Faro B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to meet other solo travellers on Budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights as a solo female traveller, has 10 rooms and 3 shared bathrooms, lounge and kitchen
free Internet access free maps tourist info and guides laundry service mini bar plus free coffee and tea all day, 5 Euros deposit for lockers, use of hairdryers, towels available for a small fee
Dorms are clean and mixed, use of a large fan if warm at night
situated in front a Faro Bus Station in a yellow big house first floor
bus from airport to hostel is 1.75 Euros (20 mim), and taxi is 10 Euros one way (10 min)
Located near restaurants, bars and clubs, east access to the beach
friendly staff and helpful, i would definately come back to stay

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Reading the other reviews I can see the point of them all but in this type of place - with such limited facilities, at such cheap prices then if things go wrong they are likely to go very wrong. The bathrooms were pokey but clean, the terrace was awful and the staff were strange. But, I don't think many people will stay there during the day to go to the terrace as it is located in the city centre and would be ideal for groups of young travellers to explore the night life of the city.

I used it as a quick stop over as I had to go to the airport very early the next day and this place was right across from the bus stop. It was fine to do just that - sleep and leave.
It does have free wi-fi though which is a bonus.

For longer hostel stays I'd suggest the Youth Hostel which has more room and better facilities and is cheaper.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I am a student, studying in Spain. Just got back from Faro, stayed here for four nights.

I would have rather stayed on the streets.

Free breakfast= piece of bread and jam-butter

Bathrooms= disgraceful, and hard to get

Bedrooms= cramped, almost impossible to get in and out of easily

Staff= nice, but one of the workers drank our BOTTLE OF VODKA and was wasted all night, so just think of the whole hostel and our belongings in the custody of a hammered middle-aged idiot. He was creepy and asked us "oh is anything missing" and numeorus people saw him roaming and being disgraceful that night as well. He reeked of our empty vodka bottle we left in the fridge the night before. The lady working there seems sweet and odd, but she was accused of stealing almost 60 euros (she was the only one with the key to our friends room, and they didnt ask her to lock their room when they went to breakfast one morning and they noticed someoen went in there during this 20 minute time period....fishy)

Location= great

Price= great

Pictures vs Reality= there is no rooftop lounge, just a dirty rooftop. With a picnic table, ooh la la! The living room is fine, small, but fine. One computer with internet. Wifi. Not much hot water or pressure, if any sometimes.

The owner is nice, but he is not there as often as thes other two goons. He is caring, just don´t bother going here though. Please. It´s not worth the cheap price. Spend 5-10 euros more a night and upgrade a bit :)

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Holland2149

Travellers are raving about these Faro hotels

Utrecht, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

We planned a long weekend in Faro and since we wanted to experience the town's athmosphere and Faro Lounge seemed pretty central, we booked it. Mistake. Our plane arrived at 13.00, we quickly got to the hostel, where they made us wait until 15.00 (check-in time). After paying for the double room and the breakfast tat was according to the internet included, the lady informed us that we will be transferred to another apartment a bit further away so that we have it a bit more cosy. The car took us to a block house far away from the center with a spectacular view on the opposite hospital. We shared the flat with three other couples. Of course there was no breakfast included.
If you're planning to spend a few days in Faro, I recommend you to chose a more reliable hostel for your stay so that you spare some disappointments when visiting this nice little town...

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank artiba
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

We had booked double bed room several months before we arrived in faro.
When we got there they gave us a "room" (actually it was a lumber room) without windows (!!) and maybe 4m².
Just don't go there!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s_bauer_10
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

My experience with Faro Lounge Guest house is simply a disgrace.

I decided to go to Faro with some friends and we booked 3 nights at the Faro Lounge Guest House.

In order to have a confirmation and few details about the facilities and transport, I sent them two emails the week before our trip. Both of them stayed without answers.

As I read afterwards some bad comments on tripadvisor saying that they didn’t care about bookings and as they weren’t answering any of my emails, I decided to cancel my booking by email before my arrival day.

This one stayed without answer also.

Our trip in Algarve was very nice but what a surprise when I checked my bank account the following week and realized they charged me the 3 nights (100€) even if I haven’t spent a night in their hostel.

They defend themselves saying that there is a cancellation policy saying: Cancellation Policy: 7 days before arrival or total amount of the stay will be charged
In my opinion, this is everything but fair because they can’t APPLY A CANCELLATION POLICY if YOU DON’T EVEN RESPECT THE BOOKINGS…!!!!
In addition, I cancelled because of their lack of answers and services…

A regular cancellation policy is to charge for one night but no 3!!!

Moreover, is everything but helpfull!

They don't want to refound me so the best I can do i share my bad experience and help other travellers to avoid such problems.

For more details please visit the blog I created for this purpose: http://faroloungeguesthouse.wordpress.com/

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank jguillaume
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is definitely the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The dorms are extremely cramped and with no AC are hot and claustrophobic all night. The three sorry-looking bathrooms are ill-equipped to cater for the disproportionate number of guests and bathroom queues are all too common.

I'd suggest that the owner actually live as a guest in this place - they would quickly notice the lack of essential items; air-con, power sockets in rooms (there were none), hooks in the bathroom to avoid putting towels on already wet and dirty floors. Perhaps invest in some bathmats and decent bedding, or even something as basic as a bin? At the prices they charge they surely can afford a few extras.

On the plus side the staff were friendly and helpful, the location handy, and the internet free. All in all though, not enough to make me go back there, not for all the pasteis in Portugal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo