“Free breakfast is the only good thing about this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Faro Lounge

Faro Lounge
Faro Lounge
Ranked #21 of 23 Faro B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Free breakfast is the only good thing about this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

I booked a night for two people from the Faro Lounge website. Never got the official confirmation though. I also sent an email asking if I have room or not. Unfortunately for us I got the answer too late, actually I got the answer for my inquiry after I was already in Spain (two days after we had left Faro).

That's a pity because the prices detailed to me in the email were very different given to us on location. In other words: they ripped us off. According to the email we were supposed to get a private room for 17,50€ per person, instead we paid 20€ per person for creaky dorm beds.

The staff is friendly, mind all the duping with the prices but I've never slept so poorly in my life (and I've been to some shady dorms). The noise from the street below sounds like someone's cheering his favourite football club under your bed. Plus I reckon the inner walls are made of cardboard. You can actually hear people in the next room sneeze.

Possibly the worst money/value ratio I've encountered.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank finske

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

We booked 'Faro Lounge' 2 days before we arived for a single night based on excellent rating from trip advisor cheap price (£17 pp) and good location.

When we arrived we meet nice friendly staff but were given a mumbled excuse about issues with website available. They offered that we stay in their other hostel around the corner. While I was a little suspect about the change I was tired and decided the look of 'Faro Lounge' was excellent so didnt protest. The change was for the room and breakfast was still to be at 'Faro Lounge'. We paid and were personally escorted around the corner to the 'Low cost Inn' and given a map to get back which I thought was great customer service.

So far so good...

We were handed over to the reception staff at the 'Low cost Inn' with more mumbles about internet bookings.

The feel of Low cost Inn was cheap and nasty shop refurb. There were 2 shared bathroom/shows which were missing soap and toliet paper. The room smelt of BO and had sheets that I was not 100% confident were washed however at this point I was too tired to care so we choose to stay.

The poor wall constuction made sound in the hall and next door average not helped by the drunkards that turned up very loud at 4 am.

Staff were helpful and gave us a great recommendation of were to get a cheap meal from a student bar called toasties. He did let himself down by make some weird rapper style raciest slur which may have been translation!?!

In the morning I was pretty annoyed - fired up to get my money back and feeling very ripped off. We went for breakfast and it was really good which carmed the nerve.

I have choosen to review rather than waste my time dealing with a refund.

My advise if you book 'Faro Lounge' make sure you are not bumped to 'Low cost Inn' dont take it unless you really need a room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eattheham

Travellers are raving about these Faro hotels