All reviews faro town the hotel shuttle bus concrete wall hot dog sausages free shuttle service hotel receptionist local hospital near airport number bus ham quiet location comfortable hotel pool area is helpful and friendly staff booked this hotel coffee machine bus stop
Reviewed July 21, 2016

We booked the Monaco for one night, wishing to explore Faro old town before moving on to our main holiday accommodation in Carvoeiro the following day. It worked out perfectly. This hotel is ideally located just a few minutes by taxi from the airport. We had a comfortable, fairly large, modern room with fridge and complementary water. We had to wait about an hour before our room was available, but the friendly reception staff recommended we had a drink by the pleasant outdoor pool while we waited. We were still checked into our room at least an hour before the stipulated check in time. We were then offered a free lift by one of the staff into Faro so we could explore the old town. She very helpfully pointed out the main areas worth visiting, including the main restaurant locations. The old town was very picturesque and peaceful - the lovely cathedral and museum are worth a visit - and we had an excellent al fresco meal at the restaurant beside the cathedral before returning to the hotel by taxi (reasonable price). Breakfast was adequate for the price we paid. Well worth considering for a one or two night break.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Hotel is ok. Receptionist was friendly. It is situated close to the airport. Also busstop into town is nearby. Supermarket is 5-10 minutes walking distance. The hotel was a bit old-fashioned. I found a big dead cockroach beside my chair at the bar area. It wasn't too clean. Bed was fairly firm.
However, I liked the swimming pool. I found it fairly expensive for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

This is a very honest review.

GENERAL:
Me and my cousin arrived at reception to be told we have till 2pm to check in and normally hotels can still let you in your room beforehand, however this worked out well as we left our luggage with reception and went to eat lunch and explore, so wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
The room was average, beds were very squeaky and the lighting in the room wasn't appealing and hurts your eyes.. The shower is a minimum standard so not strong or powerful. For the price we paid I guess we can't complain too much however just giving you an insight to what to expect.
The breakfast was average also all continental, not enough selection - only 2 options of cereal and warm milk, savoury options too and croissants.....the breakfast was a strange location in the hotel as its in the basement so if your expecting a breakfast in the sun you will be disappointed.
The service from staff was good very friendly and helpful with information.

BAD POINTS:
The swimming pool was very dirty and had a dead lizard in there for 2 days and general dirt everywhere and this was very disappointing as my cousin wanted to have a swim and especially planned to have a swim on the last day and we told the reception staff to please clean the pool and their response was their maintenance colleague was coming at 7:30pm!? Then another staff member said "oh only 15 minutes". We waited and I called again asking she said 7:30pm. I said the sun will go by then and I'm not happy. I was NOT impressed with this at all. They were not accommodating and helpful and they should have staff throughout the day to assist with these problems.
The airport shuttle from the hotel says its from 8am till 9:30pm however we asked for the shuttle for our flight for 9am pick up and the reception staff told us the driver is only doing a 8am pick up. This was VERY disappointing! As our flight was leaving at 11am we did not want 3 hours in the airport waiting as we were only 5 min from the airport plus we had fast track. We asked how much is a taxi the woman said 12 euros. On our way here it was 7 euros so I was confused. That evening we booked the taxi when a different woman told us it is 8 euros. More confusing?
We was considering getting the bus and actually planned to when we thought it was 12 euros. Luckily we got the taxi in the end for 7.50 euros so do not be fooled.
Please do not rely on the airport shuttle as the times are not convenient and they rarely have a driver available.
When we first arrived the TV was a silver old style TV and not a flat screen TV as promised. We did not take too much notice however the next day we came back to find a flat screen TV there? Should they have not done this before our check in??

HOUSEKEEPING PLEASE READ:
I was not impressed with the housekeeping, like I already mentioned I have stayed at a lot of hotels and never a 3 star but you still expect some sort of attentiveness and luxury service. We came back to our room to find all our belongings still messy and bottles all over the place (most likely how we left it). I've had housekeeping done before and the staff do tidy your clothes and they are allowed to line up your bottles and make the room tidy and presentable. With this hotel this is not the case, they only replace your towels and bedding and that's all. My cousin's pillow cover was not changed on the last night, not good.

This is not a negative review just a very honest one, our stay in Portugal was a lovely one, unfortunately very cloudy at times but very friendly people, lovely food (original nandos chicken!), great service and friendly people. We took a day trip to Albufeira which was a lovely day out at the most popular beach in the Algarve.

I don't think this hotel is a deserved 3 star, I would definitely rate it a 2 star hotel. Thanks for reading and please feel free to ask me questions about the hotel or Portugal in general!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank _k1_r_4n_
Reviewed May 11, 2016

It's a quite good hotel - near the airport. We have had a rental car, and the parking lot in front of the hotel was for free - that was a big plus! The lady on the reception was really helpful and friendly - we had some wishes for the room, and it was no problem for her to manage everything which was possible - thanks a lot to her :-) . Only the young lady in the bar was not really helpful - she also needed a long time to bring the drinks (there weren't much people) - it looked like she had some friends over at the bar who were much more important than the guests. Breakfast was no big variety but good.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Loved this hotel, we got a lovely room which had a view of the side of the pool. Bed was comfy, bathroom was lovely. Overall the room was clean and just what we needed. We travelled as a young couple but ventured off sightseeing during the day, 5 euro pretty much to go anywhere beach town etc in a taxi. Hotel staff were so friendly they even made us a packed lunch the day we travelled home as we had an early flight. Bar staff were lovely he made beautiful cocktails. We found a beautiful Portuguese restaurant around the corner food was delicious. Paid by the weight of food! Can't comment on the pool as we stayed in January although weather was lovely wasn't hot enough for swimming. I would definitely go back to this hotel again. It was January 2014 we stayed.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple