All reviews vending machine room was clean air con old town within walking distance free wifi plugs marina luxury tv balcony
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Loved A Doca for my short stay in Faro. Really clean and comfortable room. Basic but had everything you would need and cleaned daily/towels replaced. Felt totally safe as a solo young female traveler. Great location close to everything in central Faro but also very quiet at night and in the early morning.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I just recently stayed here, and my room with balcony was very clean and I had everything I needed. The staff are friendly/helpful, and the location is as about as good as it gets. I would not hesitate in booking again...

Room Tip: Can be noisy as tiled, also steep stairs into the property...I would imagine in the main season it could get noisy
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as early flight nd it has to be the worst place we have stayed in for a long time. The room was as basic as u can get, the airconditioning was noisy, the bathroom couldnt be any smaller and worst of all the bed was hard as a rock nd creaked at the slightest turn. It was ridiculous. Cant understand reviews that say it was perfect....outstanding etc. It is far from any of these. There has to be better hotels in faro than this. Booking website gives impression that it is convenient for the airport....it is not. Its a e12 to e15 taxi ride away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NMoore751
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

This place is clean, reasonably priced for it's position and the staff are great. If you don't cope with stairs then don't consider it. We had no problems. The room was spacious and very well kept. Power points were limited for recharging. Managed to find 2 in the room one of which required leaving a bathroom light on.
The only real problem was it got very noisy at night with resellers and music raging on till 4:30 am. It's the nature of the place - but still makes the stay a little less comfortable. Wouldn't stop me staying there - just bring ear plugs.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2017

I stayed at Residcencia A Doca with a friend for four nights in May 2017. It is more of a boarding house than a hotel, as there was no dining room or kitchen, but the room was clean, as was the bathroom. The staff were really very kind and friendly; they all spoke English and they were very helpful. For our purposes, it was just fine, and as we were sharing costs, the price was good, but I think it would have quite high for one person or for a couple given the lack of other facilities. The location, however, is excellent as it is right in the centre of Faro and the buses and trains were very close by. We liked it, but for those wanting a bit more luxury, I would choose a real hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends