Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$58
Orbitz.comUS$58
TravelocityUS$58
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this very friendly hostel for one week in July and I loved it. It’s located in a beautiful old house with central courtyard, good kitchen and wonderful indoor / outdoor communal areas.

The staff was amazing, you can’t find better. From Beatrice who checked me in to literally everyone else I met, the staff was welcoming, helpful and cheerful.
The social activities were also very fun.

The location is great. It’s in the middle of the old town with all the sights reachable on foot and many restaurants close by. It’s about a ten minute slow walk from the bus and train stations as well (#16 bus from the airport). The small grocery store is less than a 5 minutes walk away. The beaches and caves are easily reachable by bus or train. You can’t beat the location.

The only negative is that it can be a bit noisy before midnight / 1am. The noise really travels as there are many hard surfaces and open areas plus we had the windows open due to the heat. Between 1am and 8am it’s very quiet though. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper or go to bed early.

I honestly can’t wait to go back.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank designerd0212
Reviewed May 6, 2019

We are in our 60's and enjoyed our stay at this hostel. We booked a double room with private bathroom. It was a nice large, modern room just off a lovely courtyard with a nice comfy double bed. The shower was good, towels were provided and although we brought our own toiletries there was a wall mounted dispenser. All in all the room was as good as, if not better, than a budget hotel.
Breakfast was provided and we had use of a fridge, kettle and kitchen utensils etc in the communal kitchen. We could have cooked if we wanted to and there was a washing machine so assume that we could have used that too..
There is a roof terrace over looking a small square planted with trees which is very pleasant.
The staff were really nice and helpful and someone is on duty 24 hours. Orlando, who showed us round, was very friendly.
If you need tickets for boat trips etc they can book these for you.
If I visit Faro again I would stay here.

Room tip: Private rooms available
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

This is my third time staying there, and I love it. The staff are friendly and everyone seems to be having a good time all of the time. Centrally located in the old city. Anything you may need just steps away. Staff will help you pick a tour, something fun to do, or make suggestions of places to go and things to see. It is a short walk to the bus station, and the train station. There are many restaurants in the area and the staff will make recommendations as to their favorites. The price is extremely reasonable, the building is clean, and the beds comfortable. The evening meal is prepared by staff and volunteers. I had the pleasure of helping to prepare the meal forwine night, in which the meal is prepared using wine as the central ingredient. Wine is included in the meal and the price is very reasonable. When I was there it was €11. There are cookouts and group activities almost ever night, or you can choose to just hang out. Well worth the stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I had a beautiful time at this lovely hostel in Faro. Everything was super nice!
Clean rooms, friendly employees & nice people all around the world.
It was a pleasure to be a guest in this lovely place, that feels like home :)

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Hostel in good position, personnel very kind and friendly, rooms and environment fine, good breakfast. A nice hostel not too big but perfect for Faro, with all the things that you can need on a holiday!

Date of stay: April 2019