“Too good to be true”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We went for This restaurant Because of the price (11,95€) And the good reviews here on This page. Its situated at the end of a corridor And the setting is simple But looks clean. Staff is Nice And helpfull But Thats all the good things to say About This restaurant. Was Really happy to See that They offered kikkoman soy sauce, which I like the best. How shocked I was to taste that This was mixed with water or Some other cheap soy sauce. The sushi came And the salmon Did Not smell that good. The miso soup was served with croutons and no seaweed was in it.
They stuff all of their sushi with a lot of rice which fills u up fast.
Ordered some calamares, but they smelled so much of old oil it almost made me throw up. We left after disposing most of the sushi in a plastic bag in my purse. Too good to be true

CAUTION: this restaurant does NOT except foreign bank cards or any credit cards.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I passed this place while walking to see the sunset. Seemed like an unbelievable value. Went to watch the sunset and then check TripAdvisor for reviews of sushi in Faro. It came up as the #5 place. We decided to still give it a try as we were getting pretty hungry. Passed Diamond Sushi on our way, I think it was €22 per person for buffet.

Usually I'm not for sushi as buffet because I feel like it's an oxymoron to have all you can eat of something so fine and delicate, but this was different. You get a book of menu items and get to choose at your own pace.

There were a few questionable rolls on the menu, we tried two: pineapple & tuna (called California roll with pineapple, but it was tuna) and avocado & tuna. I've never had pineapple in a roll and I found it delicious. Otherwise we stuck to nigiri and we're pleasantly surprised. Definitely at more than €11.90 worth.

We also had the duck, prawn skewers, dumplings, & Japanese bread. The duck was great, nice and crispy. The rest were nice, but I wouldn't rave about them.

Dessert: green tea ice cream (delicious!) & a fruit cup (standard).

Drinks are not included but were still offered at a fair price.

100% recommend this place for an amazing value and lunch/dinner. The service staff were attentive and the menu is all pictures which makes the language barrier a nonissue. The outdoor seating is right across from the bus terminal which also made for some great people watching.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It's really good value and the food is great! Yoh just pay 11.90 and can choose anything on the menu. The restaurant works till midnight in a Sunday that's great!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Walked past this restaurant and thought give it a try. This restaurant opens at 1900 but open almost 40 mins early for us as they know we were waiting outside. Nice of the staff and owner.

Sat down and ordered our food, most of the food was good, most of the staff was okay until this female server came to work. She came in and asked the other female server to apply her make up in the restaurant, half way through her make up progress, our food was ready so she got up and serve us the food. Personally I do not like it. I expect her to wash her hands but she didn't.

Other than that, everything was okay. Its €11.99 all you can eat, dont expect anything fancy.

*note* one dessert per person, dessert isnt all you can eat...

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We ve read the reviews here and would like to check if they are right. We found that this restaurant offers better than average sushi and other japanese meals. We reccommend this restaurant for the sushi lovers. The staff is not friendly much. If you want to have a diner, come no later than at 9 pm.