All reviews other guests sleepy village family home honesty bar easy travel historic house beautiful antiques tourist hotels circular pool original furniture fresh orange juice breakfast was delicious sitting room charm and character big table small pool base for exploring
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Katarina was amazing. She was prompt at replying to emails and helpful with advice. Her welcome was warm and as I arrived late she was careful to be mindful of other guests who may be asleep. The room was gorgeous. The bed perfect for me. Everything I needed.

The breakfast was varied and more than enough. The pool was great and Katarina and the owner (I am so sorry, I didn't catch your name!) were more than happy for me to use it beyond check out time.

The house has a lot of history, interesting, clean and tidy.

Just wished I had stayed a few more days.

Although I was only there overnight, I would say this is a nice little place to get away from too many tourists and is a 30 minute bus ride to Faro.

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2017

If you are looking to stay in a one of a kind place this is it. The place is amazing and so is the hostess. We got the suite (we had 2 kids). Our room was spotless, quiet and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was delicious (My kids still talk about Caterina's pineapple cake). The house has a lot of history behind and they did a tremendous job keeping the place well maintained and restoring the original furniture. I believe there's only 7 rooms so do not wait to book. The swimming pool in June was also a great option to just chill. Estoi is a small town about 15' from Faro's old town by taxi (E$20). We had returned the car by then but I believe there's a parking garage across the street. The location would not stop us from staying there again and we appreciated the peace after the busy travel.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We booked this break very last minute (i.e. 2 days before) and had a lovely stay in a beautiful house. Catarina was a very thoughtful and attentive host and makes your holiday memorable. Thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful cakes she made.
Thanks again
John & Bernadette Tate
England

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the square are bright.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johntateb
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Beautiful, historic house next to the church. Katarina is the perfect hostess - welcome glass of port and tour of the house. Extremely reasonable rates. We stayed in the suite and it was very well appointed in keeping with the house. Excellent breakfast - eggs any style, cereals, breads, hams,cheeses, fruit & homemade orange cake. Katarina's manager Jorge even helped push our car when the battery was flat. Thanks for our stay. Mariiyn & Sue x

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay enroute to Lisbon at Faro. Just for something different Estoi is 15mins out of the main town. We were pleasantly surprised! It's kind of a guesthouse, self contained with only 7 delightful rooms. We were greeted by Katerina (?), who was excellent! Made us feel at home and has a sparkling personality. The guesthouse itself if beautifully furnished and is very historic in its own right. Our room was perfect as was the bathroom. Free parking is just down the street. Estoi itself is a small town with some charming attractions. Breakfast communal and perfect. If you want a true Portuguese experience this is it! Forget that it's low cost, it's a must stay...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple