All reviewsother guestssleepy villagefamily homehonesty bareasy travelhistoric housebeautiful antiquestourist hotelscircular pooloriginal furniturefresh orange juicebreakfast was delicioussitting roomcharm and characterbig tablesmall poolbase for exploring
Reviewed July 6, 2017

This was our third stay and it just gets better and better! This time we had the double room Miosotis. Large and comfortable with antique furniture, super bathroom and plenty of storage. The bed was huge and not as comfy as the one we had previously but we slept well. Breakfast was perfect and gives you opportunity to chat to other guests. Food, as always, was fresh and plentiful. Warm rolls, croissant, pastries and home made cake. Fresh figs, cherries and melon. Cheeses ,ham and eggs of your choice cooked for you. Orange juice is freshly squeezed and delicious! Caterina is an amazing hostess and extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. My top tip is to book direct and save on any other web price. The nearest beach is Faro beach which was perfect for us. 15 mins by car and a perfect place to chill. Never too crowded but everything you need. Beds to hire, WiFi and easy parking. Great cafés on the beach for lunch and drinks. There is a pool at the hotel to cool off in when you return. Towels are provided, which is great for beach trips!
Estoi is a typical, sleepy town with amazing buildings completely unspoilt by tourism. There are 3 or 4 local restaurants in easy walking distance with typical cuisine at very good prices. The only down side is a car is preferable to get to the coast.if you want a typically Portuguese welcome away from the tourist hoards, this place is a must! Such good value, never disappoints!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you want perfect peace and quiet
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzanne E
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Katarina was amazing. She was prompt at replying to emails and helpful with advice. Her welcome was warm and as I arrived late she was careful to be mindful of other guests who may be asleep. The room was gorgeous. The bed perfect for me. Everything I needed.

The breakfast was varied and more than enough. The pool was great and Katarina and the owner (I am so sorry, I didn't catch your name!) were more than happy for me to use it beyond check out time.

The house has a lot of history, interesting, clean and tidy.

Just wished I had stayed a few more days.

Although I was only there overnight, I would say this is a nice little place to get away from too many tourists and is a 30 minute bus ride to Faro.

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2017

If you are looking to stay in a one of a kind place this is it. The place is amazing and so is the hostess. We got the suite (we had 2 kids). Our room was spotless, quiet and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was delicious (My kids still talk about Caterina's pineapple cake). The house has a lot of history behind and they did a tremendous job keeping the place well maintained and restoring the original furniture. I believe there's only 7 rooms so do not wait to book. The swimming pool in June was also a great option to just chill. Estoi is a small town about 15' from Faro's old town by taxi (E$20). We had returned the car by then but I believe there's a parking garage across the street. The location would not stop us from staying there again and we appreciated the peace after the busy travel.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We booked this break very last minute (i.e. 2 days before) and had a lovely stay in a beautiful house. Catarina was a very thoughtful and attentive host and makes your holiday memorable. Thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful cakes she made.
Thanks again
John & Bernadette Tate
England

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the square are bright.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johntateb
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Beautiful, historic house next to the church. Katarina is the perfect hostess - welcome glass of port and tour of the house. Extremely reasonable rates. We stayed in the suite and it was very well appointed in keeping with the house. Excellent breakfast - eggs any style, cereals, breads, hams,cheeses, fruit & homemade orange cake. Katarina's manager Jorge even helped push our car when the battery was flat. Thanks for our stay. Mariiyn & Sue x

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends