All reviews lovely campsite large site well stocked shop on site restaurant the toilet shower block sanitary facilities paddling pool site staff hotel standard entertainment staff praia da luz reasonable size great facilities children's play area minute drive per night pay euros
Reviewed January 5, 2018

This caravan and bungalow site is 5 star for the facilities. A very large site, with large and small plots. The toilets, showers, washing facilities and pool areas are spotless. The restaurant and bar area are good areas, although the food is not too good, the staff in the restaurant are friendly, but start clearing up around you very early, so you don't feel too welcome. The site now has an indoor spa and an indoor swimming pool is being built now. The outdoor gym has become a children's play area of unsupervised children climbing all over it, so it was very difficult to use. The Reception staff were very efficient but not flexible. The site is the best on the Algarve if its what you want.

Room Tip: Book the plot you want, otherwise you may be disappointed.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sidmothian
Reviewed January 4, 2018

A perfect campground, very clean. In case that something is broken, it is repaired in the next minutes. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Helder! We have been spending our holidays there since 2004 Same procedure as every year. We are looking forward for our stay in June and July 2018.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Norbert S
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

We are staying here in a motor home for 1 month. Site has excellent facilities including gym, jacuzzi in swimming pool area, shower block is better than some hotels. Even the dog shower is 5 star!! The fitness classes with Beatrice are really good and activities with marco are fun and entertaining.
The site is surrounded by land that you can walk dogs on and after our organised walk with Marco had enough knowledge of the area to walk for about 5 miles at a time.

I had an accident 10 days ago and the staff dealt with it efficiently and with compassion. The receptionist Andrea called the ambulance while luis the lifeguard stayed with me. The manageress Ines came over too. They were all professional and friendly.
On return from hosp they have lent me a sunbed bed so I can lay at van as I have hurt my lower back and cannot sit. Luis and Ines have been back to see if everything is ok.
My only recommendation is that maybe there could be a time where it's adults only in jacuzzi. So you can relax instead of being splashed and jumped on also I don't think babies in nappies should be in the jacuzzi at all. I did see luis uphold the rules of no armbands in the jacuzzi and he was given abuse by the dad. Luis handled this very well
There is an outdoor fit park next to playground which I saw was well used by adults at all times of the day. But children of all ages were using it as a play area stopping it being used properly. This is something else that could be improved
Overall though I highly recommend this site. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle H
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We stayed overall 4 nights here. Staff is very friendly, very flexible on plot locations you can choose from. It has a swimming and a nice restaurant serving salads, fries, fish, sandwiches .. all you might be craving for. This site is not too big, I like its structure that's giving you privacy at your plot.
Internet was OK.
Has really great restrooms and showers. Very clean and modern. Same applies for the area where you can wash your dishes. Everyone was very civilized keeping all there areas clean.
Its located closely to Luz - nice distance for a morning run.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2017

This is a mixed chalet, towing caravan and tent campsite. We stayed right next to the larger of the toilet/shower blocks. Campsite was clean & tidy, there is plenty to do on the site, but the pool is rather small pool for the amount of people on the site. This appears to being remedied as they are building another pool opening in 2018.
The best thing about the site is the staff. They are friendly and helpful, and their English was better than my Portuguese!
The only negative was being overlooked by people going to the toilet/shower block, so if we go back we won't go on that pitch.
The shop on site had a pretty good range and supply of items, of course more expensive than the local supermarket. The surprising cost was a replacement gas cylinder (907) for my cooker, this was about 20 euros which was the cheapest I have ever paid in Europe. The only food we had from the site was take away pizzas, which were great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family