“Stunning Scenery, lovely horses and owner!”
Review of Monte Da Ribeira

Monte Da Ribeira
Ranked #4 of 12 Tours in Loule
More attraction details
Owner description: Monte Da Ribeira offers riding lessons, hacks, all-inclusive riding holidays, livery and pony club throughout the year. Fantastic hacking in the beautiful countryside near Loulé. Lessons catering from complete beginners to training in jumping and dressage. Happy and healthy horses and ponies in a friendly and confidence inspiring setting. Very reasonable rates and experienced, qualified staff. Great facilities and top quality livery.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My Sister and I were staying in Faro and contacted Katherine to arrange a lesson and hack. We ended up spending the day with Katherine as she was so friendly and helpful! She collected us from the local train, I had a lesson on a fantastic dressage schoolmaster and we both had a hack in the beautiful countryside. She then very kindly took us and a picnic to an International show jumping competition for the afternoon. We had a fantastic day and I would recommend Katherine and her lovely horses to anyone!!

1  Thank SylviaC31

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I visited Monte Da Ribeira for a riding holiday last week and I returned feeling completely refreshed and ready to start the new year. The owner, Katharine, made me feel very welcome and cooked up mouthwatering dishes every night and lots of homemade bread. Luckily the riding offset all the calories as hacking through the gorgeous surrounding countryside gave me a good workout. The horses were beautiful and well mannered and I felt completely safe. I was allowed to help out with grooming and rugging up at night but there was no pressure to help out, I just enjoyed being around the horses. I even managed a trip to nearby Loule where there were some good shops dotted along the picturesque cobbled streets. I thoroughly recommend Monte Da Ribeira for an energetic but relaxing break.

2  Thank C J
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Each year i visit very close friends in Portugal and each year we ride!, My friends keep their horses with Katharine at these stables where they are much loved and very well cared for. Katharine is a wonderful person with endless patience and full of fun and a huge confidence giver, not one ounce of panic about her! The stables are spotless as are the horses and the whole place has a sense of tranquil flow about it.
You can take a ride fast or slow according to ability or just how you feel and be well looked after taking in the beautiful scenery and then be offered a lovely cold drink and a piece of cake at the end.

This year my 13 year old daughter rode Annie who is only 4 years old, BRILLIANT!!

Take a look for yourself you won't be disappointed! Thank you Guys!

Jacqui from Stamford Lincs
Jacqui

1  Thank JacquiE22
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Couldn't fault this place my girls go every week to a stable day on a Saturday where they learn to look after the horse have rides out in the beautiful countryside or lessons in the arena . I go when I can & the horses are so friendly well looked after and it's very organised , great place worth a visit wonderful rides out very scenic & peaceful

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you want to get an impression of the real Portugal, go and ride at Monte Da Ribeira, The countryside is stunning!
Compared to most riding schools, the horses at Monte Da Ribeira are healthy, happy and safe ro ride.
The English owner of the yard, Katharine, is very kind and patience. She also gives very good lessons in jumping and dressage and is really good with children.

You definitely have to visit this yard when you want to go horseback riding in the Algarve!

Maaike van Ginkel