Review Highlights
The best three days of our month in Portugal!!!

We were a group of 7 Canadian travellers who went to the Algarve region for a quiet week following... read more

Reviewed April 10, 2018
75wander
Kelowna, Canada
Highly recommended. Great horses, very friendly, very nice!

Highly recommended! Our daughters (13 and 15) just could not say goodbye. They wanted to stay here... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2015
Lambert R
Eersel, The Netherlands
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I visited Monte Da Ribeira for a riding holiday last week and I returned feeling completely refreshed and ready to start the new year. The owner, Katharine, made me feel very welcome and cooked up mouthwatering dishes every night and lots of homemade bread. Luckily the riding offset all the calories as hacking through the gorgeous surrounding countryside gave me a good workout. The horses were beautiful and well mannered and I felt completely safe. I was allowed to help out with grooming and rugging up at night but there was no pressure to help out, I just enjoyed being around the horses. I even managed a trip to nearby Loule where there were some good shops dotted along the picturesque cobbled streets. I thoroughly recommend Monte Da Ribeira for an energetic but relaxing break.

2  Thank C J
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Each year i visit very close friends in Portugal and each year we ride!, My friends keep their horses with Katharine at these stables where they are much loved and very well cared for. Katharine is a wonderful person with endless patience and full of fun and a huge confidence giver, not one ounce of panic about her! The stables are spotless as are the horses and the whole place has a sense of tranquil flow about it.
You can take a ride fast or slow according to ability or just how you feel and be well looked after taking in the beautiful scenery and then be offered a lovely cold drink and a piece of cake at the end.

This year my 13 year old daughter rode Annie who is only 4 years old, BRILLIANT!!

Take a look for yourself you won't be disappointed! Thank you Guys!

Jacqui from Stamford Lincs
Jacqui

1  Thank JacquiE22
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Couldn't fault this place my girls go every week to a stable day on a Saturday where they learn to look after the horse have rides out in the beautiful countryside or lessons in the arena . I go when I can & the horses are so friendly well looked after and it's very organised , great place worth a visit wonderful rides out very scenic & peaceful

Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you want to get an impression of the real Portugal, go and ride at Monte Da Ribeira, The countryside is stunning!
Compared to most riding schools, the horses at Monte Da Ribeira are healthy, happy and safe ro ride.
The English owner of the yard, Katharine, is very kind and patience. She also gives very good lessons in jumping and dressage and is really good with children.

You definitely have to visit this yard when you want to go horseback riding in the Algarve!

Maaike van Ginkel

1  Thank Maaikeerica
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is hard to find words that would be good enough for description of this marvelous place... Tranquility, joy, stunning nature, noble and well-behaved animals, ...
For me this place is the reason why I will come back to Portugal or maybe one day my own horse will grow up there.
Thanks to Katharine Cook, whose great experience and priceless influence, made this place the warmest horse riding center in the whole Algarve!
Visit it and you will never regret!

1  Thank Adriana D