“Get the cheese fondue”

Casa da Rosa
Ranked #30 of 224 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Excellent food and service! Try the cheese fondue! Very nice menu. We were lucky enough to get a table without a reservation but best to make a reservation to get into this popular spot.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

I was visiting with friends and we ate here three nights in a row. Super excellent food, imaginative dishes, excellent vegetarian options. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

I just arrived after a great trip in Madeira and I was a little concerned about the food we were going to find in Azores. I heard about this restaurant down a side street called Casa da Rosa. As soon as we came in, we were greeted with smiling friendly faces. All the waiters took great care to make sure they understood our dietary requirements. Some of my friends were vegan, others were gluten free and all of us were super happy with the food options. Generally Portugal is not known for its vegetarian food. In the past we were stuck eating fried eggs, soup, bread and cheese. Casa da Rosa had really creative dishes and the deserts were awesome. We had this milk tart desert and a coconut cake that were both great.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

We went there a couple of times during our stay in Ponta Delgada. The place is cutie cozy. The food was really good, especially the steak and the fondue (which is a must try). The menu changes slightly every day so the choice per day is not huge. Wouldn't recommend the seafood pasta at all. Although the service was a little distracted (they ordered our food wrong, gave the wrong change..), they were very nice.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

Ate here because it was close to our hotel and it was raining. In retrospect, we'd rather have got soaked and had a good meal. My steak verged on inedible and my wife's fish was well overcooked. No-one seemed to care very much. Didn't stay for a sweet !