See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights, the hotel is very well located, small, very clean and all the staff are very helpful, courteous and pleasant, special mention to Natalia on reception who was extremely helpful in organising trips for us, she went over and above what was expected, well done Hotel Matriz team, if we come back to ponta delgarda we will definitely stay here again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2017

This is a small locally owned hotel. We stayed here 3 nights and chose it for its reasonable rates and excellent location which is just a few blocks from the center of Ponta Delgada. Also a plus was the underground parking next door. However, be aware that getting to the third floor basement parking area entails navigating a narrow lane; easy to do but need to be careful. Big cars may have a problem.
The front desk staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Our room was adequate, with two singles pushed together. The bathroom was small, but everything was clean. Wifi was free and worked well.
Breakfast buffet was continental, with the usual preserved meats and fresh buns. Fruit was canned.
We enjoyed out stay here and recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet place near the center of town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Simpel and nice hotel, and the staff is just wonderful. Very helpful and heartwarming people, who even sent me a coat that I accidentily left at their hotel. Would definitely come back and I do recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed July 30, 2016

The people working at the reception of Hotel Matriz in Ponta Delgada are awesome. It was hard to find a nice place to stay in the city, and they helped us a lot.

The rooms are ok, and the breakfast is fine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Great location in the city center
Woman at the front desk was nice and efficient – very quick check-in.
I requested for a quiet room and I was given one facing the back – it was quiet but later I could hear people talking next room was if they were in my room. But all night both my neighbors were quiet. So it may be a problem if you have noisy neighbors. Room was simple, clean and brightly lit. Bathroom a bit tight and the vanity/sink is a bit higher than normal. It only has a shower (no bathtub) which I prefer actually.
Good breakfast.