“Great location and includes vegetarian menu”

Restaurante Palm Terrace Cafe
Ranked #66 of 225 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Price range: US$9 - US$58
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2017

This restaurant is a few minutes walk from the Azoris Royal Garden Hotel where we were staying in a great location on the edge of the town. The terrace area is situated in a very pretty and peaceful square with beautiful trees and flowers. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and remembered us the next evening. My daughter is vegan so it was good to find a restaurant that had something for everyone. She had pasta with tomato sauce on one occasion and a bean salad on the other. We enjoyed the calamari starter and swordfish steaks. We came back the next night and my husband had the steak served on a hot stone which was very good. Desserts were huge so we felt very full. Lovely place to eat and watch the world go by.

Manager609, General Manager at Restaurante Palm Terrace Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed July 1, 2017

My spouse took a chunk of my steak and confirmed what I believed: it was the best steak we'd ever had. The steak came with frites and thre options, but we never got beyond the garlic mayo. It was perfect.
My husband's octopus was perfect, but it was overshadowed by the steak. We split a half bottle of Mateus, which was priced as low as the rest of the meal heaven!

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Food was very good, but nothing special. We ate outside which had a very nice atmosphere. The service was so so, not very attentive. I really enjoyed their sangria, one of the best I've had.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

I had seen this cafe on a couple of occasions and wanted to have lunch here and we were not disappointed. The cafe overlooks the gardens and has a nice conservatory eating area. The food was very good and the menu was quite extensive and again a good selection of wine. The staff were very nice and it was quite popular both with the locals and visitors. I had Tuna salad and the tuna was great. So if you are in Ponta drop in here for lunch and they also serve dinner.

Manager609, Manager at Restaurante Palm Terrace Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Thank you Mrs Yvonne W.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

We had read that the food was good here and decided to give it a try. My husband had a fish kebab and I had the Talishman steak, which had mushrooms and potatoes cooked in the sauce.

My husband loved is kebab which had 3 different types of fish. My steak was also very good. This was one of 2 places that we decided to try dessert, since it sounded so good. It was basically a hot fudge sundae with chocolate cake layered in it. It was delicious and we were very happy with the choice

We also tried a bottle of local wine which was good and reasonably prices. We had a window seat overlooking a beautiful park.

For a hotel, the prices were reasonable. The service was good and the food was delicious.