“Good choice for regional cooking”

Restaurante Nacional
Ranked #37 of 227 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Knowledgeable, friendly staff, good food. Steak medium rare very good as was the pork cutlet. Good wine list (Azores & mainland Portugal).

Reviewed May 8, 2018

A taxi driver helpfully dropped us off here when the place we had planned to eat was closed. It turned out to be great luck. Andre took such good care of us from the moment we walked in. He helped me put together a vegan meal from what was on the menu, and he made sure everything set before me was vegan. It turned out to be delicious, and my companion (not a vegan) enjoyed her meal as well. When we went back three days later, everything was just as good. Andre even remembered I had mentioned I like onions, which I though was pretty amazing.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant with fabulous staff. Wife had a steak dinner and I had the trigger fish. Both were good although the fish had quite a few bones. Seemed to have more local customers than any other restaurant we went to.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Not recommended. Food quality and service poor. Waiters constantly trying to upsell. Many better places around

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful with our decision making. The ambiance was lovely and the food very good. The fresh fish is obviously a perfect choice for this location and we weren't disappointed.