Lowest prices for your stay
US$86
SAVE US$29
Hotels.comUS$86
Expedia.comUS$86
FindHotelUS$105
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2020

Friends found this place searching for somewhere to stay en route to Madeira, so I simply followed their research and booked - quickly looking at location.

My oh my, could not have been better! The staff - and there were at least six I met over two stays (I took a trip to Pico in between) were all, without fail, supremely friendly, attentive and helpful. (Sample: I asked how to say "plaster" in Portuguese, and the front desk lady told me...but then dashed into the office and came out offering me three.) Everyone seemed to speak English.

Room is clean and well laid out; windows are super-quiet double-glazed. (I only realised HOW quiet when I left open one night for some fresh air...and some Saturday nightlife was still about.) :-)

Left my bag here when I went off to Pico; they left me ideas on where to find wine; and just, generally, were always helpful and friendly.

The breakfast is outstanding.

I didn't eat here for dinner - but my friends did the week prior, and were very impressed.

Don't miss the special G&Ts on offer: they are excellent, and made with flair. The bar is a bit of a quiet lounge more than a bar, so if you want quiet it's great; if you want some local nightlife not so much. My one disappointment was that they only had a cab/merlot of local wines on offer, which was a shame. (It actually forced me to go out seeking a glass, instead of staying in...)

The location of this hotel is superb (just careful if you're driving!) as well.

I could not have enjoyed my stay more, and will definitely return when back in PDL - and highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Travel7YYZ
Reviewed November 29, 2019

From the fist contact the staff was very prompt and friendly.
We spent one night here in a superior double room,it was in the old part of the building and exactly as described on their website. Well furnished, good bathroom, all New and sparkling clean.
Breakfast was very good.
Location is very good, in the centre of the old part of Ponta Delgada.
Recommended!
Obrigada

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed October 17, 2019

The receptionist are amazing. They're super friendly and they booked wellness treatments and place a reservation for us at a restaurant since we didn't speak portuguese and overall helped with all our problems. The hotel is very very nice, the restaurant is amazing (especially the deserts and the sushi). The only downer is the breakfast wich has very limited choise especially in fruit and veggies.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank EnaRockoDelChoco
Reviewed August 17, 2019

Hotel was clean and comfortable, my only complaint about the room was that the hooks in the bathroom were so small that the towels would not stay hung up. Reception staff were not particularly friendly or outgoing but if approached were very polite and helpful. The pool area was attractive but the pool itself was FREEZING and too cold to swim in comfortably for more than a few minutes. The decor, keeping with the theme of its earlier days as a conservatory/college, was quaint. Breakfast was a little sparse in options but served buffet style and was good overall. We ate at the attached restaurant for dinner on our first night there. The food was wonderful but the service was awful. We were a party of 10, but it took almost 90 minutes for our food to be served and we were the only people in the restaurant!

The hotel is in an excellent location and a safe area. It is about a five minute walk downhill to the waterfront. We happened to be there when there was a large festival going on; the opening concert was at the church right down the hill at 10:30pm. I was the only one who wanted to go and walked there alone at night and felt perfectly safe.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 14, 2019

The hotels owner transformed his old college to a very tasty and ecological aware hotel. For example, this is the first hotel where I saw the TV in my room entirely shut down for zero consumption during your absence. The old structure of the typical azorean architecture is nicely renovated. Just the ever turning TV screen in the lobby is some sort of bad tase and does not invite you to take a seat and a view on the secret court yard pool.

Date of stay: August 2019