All reviews sea view public pool shower curtain sister hotel excellent location tour group whale watching beds were very comfortable front desk staff modern hotel restaurants and shops breakfast buffet water front bread our honeymoon bacon small balcony
Reviewed January 13, 2018

I stayed at this hotel last week for 4 nights. During this time my $250 android phone was stolen out of my bag in my room. They even took the charger! As I did not have roaming, I did not bring my phone with me on the several day excursions we took and left it with the charger in my carry on bag in my room the entire time I was at the hotel. As I had not used the phone I only noticed it was missing when I returned home.

I immediately called the hotel to telll them what had happened. I spoke to the PR manager, Maria Pimentel. She said she would look into the situation and did leave me an answering machine message that no one other than my wife and I and the maids had gone into the room during our 5 day stay. The hotel offered no support nor offered any compensation.

I am extremely disappointed by the lack of response or concern from the hotel's management. They seemed to have shrugged this off as though it is a regular occurrence. Truly terrible customer service, and I am horrified to know someone was going through our bags in our room while we were away and stolen my phone and charger for which the hotel did not even apologize for.

Only stay at this hotel if you want someone going through your bags when you are out of the room, and watch out as anything not locked away in the safe will be stolen!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vactioner49
Maria P, guest relations at Hotel Marina Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Vactioner49,
We understand the shock and frustration you must be going through for the loss of your phone and charger. We have addressed this situation with all the teams from the Hotel, and we did all we could do to solve this matter, sorry we left you the impression we do not care, our teams work hard to ensure our guests find their stay of value in every way ( just to inform you ,unfortunately we have a full box of lost and found, that people leave behind at our Hotel). Anyway we could have help more if you had tell us directly here at the hotel that your missing your phone and charger,( sometimes can happen anywhere from the hotel to Toronto)….. and we could act right away in this matter. Maria Pimentel spoke 2 times with you and the final process couldn’t reach you , so left you a message. At our Hotel we never had situation like this. We are sorry that you have gone through that situation sharing something it is not true.
We never had comments like this one ,as we have honest people working in this field.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

I spent 2 days in this hotel for my birthday. The location is perfect and the room was spotless with all the amenities you could hope for. Great coffee and lovely touches like fresh fruit.
From arrival we were made to feel special and the feeling never went away.
Breakfast was great with loads of choice, room service very efficient and quick and the balcony overlooking the marina just made our stay.
I really have to single out Sonia, one of the receptionists. She is a true asset to the company. Always had a smile and nothing was too much trouble. She made all the difference.
I'd recommend this place in a heart beat and can't wait to be back.

Room tip: Executive rooms are worth it just for the view alone
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Maria P, Guest Relations at Hotel Marina Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Isabel,

Thank you so much for the impeccable review .

This is the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest, and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit starting from the location to our service, amenities, breakfast , especially the service of our receptionist Sonia. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of our staff as I know they will be delighted to read your comments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will inspire our staff to continue to strive towards outstanding customer service. We thank you for the recommendation . we hope to have you back in the future at our Hotel.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

This is one of the finer hotels in Sao Miguel and as such, we have always stayed in the slightly older sister hotel next door. However, the sister hotel is undergoing a major renovation, so we decided to stay in the Marino Atlantico since this was a layover on our flight from Madeira back to Toronto.

The lobby, our room and the dining room were all excellent. The breakfast was excellent, with all you could want in variety and local culture.

There were three minor issues with the hotel, The first was the musty smell and the condition of carpeting in the hallway outside our room. This can be corrected by replacing the carpet which looked worn, something that needs to be done on a regular basis in order to maintain the hotel.

The second was the poor WIFI reception in our room. While my phone would connect, neither of my tablets would connect. The staff, while helpful, were not able to correct the situation.

The third was the condition of the caulking around the tub. While it was smooth and appeared to be clean, it was black in many places. Again, regular maintenance by replacing the caulking would solve this issue.

Room tip: Pay the extra to get a front room. The view and the activity on the Avenida, even in winter, is worth the extra cost. Be aware that the safe in the room is very small. i could not get my 10 inch tablet into it.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maria P, Guest Relations at Hotel Marina Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear Pat V

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Marina Atlântico.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding our Hotel as for the service of our staff, Breakfast, lobby, restaurant. We are sorry about the incident of the wifi which will be reviewed to avoid similar situations.Your opinion is import to us. Some of your comments are already on our must-do, so in a near future we will improve on certain items.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We stayed one night on the executive level, 6th floor. The check in was super fast, smooth and the front desk staff was great. Our room was awesome with a view of the harbor. The bar and restaurant were equally great. Would definitely recommend and stay there again on a future trip.

Room tip: Stay in a high level room, facing the harbor.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maria P, Guest Relations at Hotel Marina Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Justine P

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us! Nothing delights us more than knowing that you enjoyed our Hotel especially our staff from the front desk, rooms , view ,restaurant and bar. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to host you again.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

The hotel is directly located at the seafront just divided by a relatively big street. We got an upgrade upon arrival to sea view and this was very nice. The problem is that the seafront rooms are facing the sea but also the street and a part of the cruise harbor with a disco. So in the night the street as well as the disco could be heard and were relatively loud, especially as we stayed on the 1st floor. The rooms are average and a bit dated, but there was a bit of a smell throughout the hotel. The service was very good. They even opened the breakfast restaurant at 4 am as some guests including us had to leave at 4:30 am with a full breakfast buffet. All in all a good stay for 1 night due to early morning departure the next day.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maria P, Guest Relations at Hotel Marina Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Jbps,

We are delight that you liked our location and was easy access to the city, glad that you liked our service and the ocean view. We regret the noise caused from outside, it will be treated properly in order to avoid causing this impact on the guests. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guests expectations and create value at every encounter for better results.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel.