All reviews japanese garden outdoor pool japanese theme junior suite other hotels breakfast buffet inner courtyard close to the airport nice hotel jacuzzi and sauna public areas cooked items small gym lovely balcony sao miguel free parking ten minute walk
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights over Labor Day weekend. It was clean and comfortable. Large spacious hotel situated within a short walk of downtown and all the restaurants and harbor. And about 10 to 15 min taxi ride to airport which cost 9 euros. The full breakfast buffet and the pool were also very nice. Helpful staff. Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Very clean rooms & restaurants. Friendly staff. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Sao Miguel. The breakfast buffet was our favorite. They had three restaurants and bars and they time it so there is always some place to eat and drink. Very good time.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and amenities nice. Highlight was the breakfast which was a three table spread of breads, hot foods (eggs, pancakes, potatoes, etc.) and yogurt and fruit. Pool was also very nice!

Stayed: September 2018
AzorisHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Azoris Royal Garden - Leisure & Conference Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, Lindsay! Cleaning and breakfast are indeed a great concern in our daily operation! Thank you for acknowledging it!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Tucked away just of the main front street this place threatens to overwhelm you with how great it looks. It looks fabulous then fails to deliver, although let me add that is no fault of the staff who were all wonderful, without exception. This hotel simply reminded me why I prefer staying in vacation rentals.

The room was just the right side of not being cramped; the carpet had seen way better days; we had to order an extra towel and face cloth; and, my biggest peeve, they do not offer in-room ironing facilities. After 3,500 mile journey to attend a wedding, I could have paid $5 per shirt; $7 per pair of trousers and $9 for my jacket and got them back before 6pm the next day (can expedite for a 50% surcharge). Not cool.

I enjoyed the bar and the staff there were very friendly, even letting me watch the football, however, the restaurants never really delivered the sort of quality I would expect for a 4 star place - maybe 3 stars?? At $175 per night for 5 nights I was decidedly underwhelmed.

The views across town were slightly marred by having to look down upon a flat roof in dire need of repairs that should have been finished months ago, so the modest balcony was not used as much I would have liked. Even the room safe was not ready for use.

Room Tip: Take a travel iron or stay on the front
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello, mercianknight! We are sorry to have failed your expectations. The iron is indeed a comfortable commodity, but for security reasons, most hotels don’t usually provide them. Safes are being placed in the rooms during this month and some technical issues arise during the process, which we apologize. If you decide to give it another try, and we hope we have given enough reasons to do so, we would recommend you to try another room, with a view to the Zen Garden, which you may find more pleasant.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We stayed at a suite in Azoris Royal Garden. Decoration was nice and the space was more than enough for 2 adults and 2 children. The king-size bed was huge! We chose Half Board and it is definitely worth it! Starting with breakfast, the food is simply great. You couldn't ask for more.
Much more competitive than other "trendier" hotels and with a much better service and an overall superior quality/price ratio.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family