Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

This inn/B&B is located a bit out of town and provides peace and quiet. The property consists of several accommodations that dot the hilly, green property. I stayed in a Deluxe room in the hilltop section where daily breakfast is served. My room was very large with a huge walk-in open closet with ample storage/hangers and an open sitting area/bedroom. I had doors that opened onto a semi-private patio with comfortable lawn furniture. The bathroom was spacious, modern and had great ambient lighting via a large window. The bathroom furnishings were clean and modern and the very interesting counter was constructed of local basalt. The water pressure was very good and the shower head was high and would accommodate tall guests. The bed/bedding was comfortable. Fresh fruit and water were replenished daily in the room. The room had an AC unit but the room still had a musty odor. The WiFi signal was intermittent. Another guest told me that he also had problems. I brought this issue to the attention of the front staff who investigated the matter. Apparently, other guests using Apple electronic devices have described similar problems. The common areas of the housing structure that I stayed in consisted of a large comfortable dining room where breakfast is served. Attached to the dining room is a comfortable living area. There is a small, honor bar in the living room. Tables and chairs are also located on the attached patio which overlooked the grounds and surrounding area; this is where most guests ate their scrumptious breakfasts every morning. I have to say that this inn had the most spectacular breakfasts I encountered during my holiday. The very large buffet daily breakfast displayed too many goodies that defied description, including local Sao Jorge cheese, fresh squeezed juices, home-crafted yogurts with local fruit toppings, sliced meats, multiple varieties of bread, quiches and other daily baked breakfast specialties. Coffee, tea and fresh baked cookies were available throughout the day. What makes this place truly special is the staff. Margarida and her amazing staff were so hardworking yet always friendly. They were always smiling and eager to assist. I loved how they took care of the stray cats/kittens and greeted each guest with a warm smile. I didn’t realize until the early morning that I departed that there were trails around the property. I’m sorry that I missed that opportunity. Ample parking is available. For me, the only downside was that I was island hopping throughout the Azores and I did not want to deal with a vehicle. The inn is around a 45 minute walk to town. I ended up taking taxis to and from town in the evening for dinner. The ride, each way, cost between 6 and 7 euros. I highly recommend this lovely place! You will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank RebeccaH4813
Reviewed June 29, 2019

This will be long. But worth reading if you’re going to Sao Miguel.

This hotel is beautiful and charming. The decor is lovely and all details are cared for incredibly well. The rooms are spotlessly clean and cozy.

The breakfast buffet is exceptional - it changes every day, and everything is fresh and delicious. It’s also presented beautifully.

All of this was really great. However, the people who work at the hotel made our stay. Margarida is amazing. We assumed she owned the place by how much work and heart she puts into everything. She and Stacy went above and beyond to help us with every request for advice or restaurant bookings or activities. They are very warm and seem to genuinely enjoy helping guests have a good experience while visiting Sao Miguel. They gave very good tips for places to go based on talking with us and understanding our interests (e.g. Stacy recommended a beach that was a real escape, situated below a jungle-like forest and surrounded by beautiful, very dramatic coastline, with very few people).

Every member of the staff is very kind and helpful. You feel very welcome and relaxed. They’ve managed to create a unique atmosphere.

I should also mention that Margarida and Stacy switched into overdrive when they learned it was my boyfriend’s birthday. We gave no notice and had a few unrealistic would-this-be-possible requests for the day. They went all out to try to make it all happen. They’re clearly well connected on the island and know it well. Margarida knew that I wanted my boyfriend to be able to have chocolate cake that evening at dinner and to avoid any chance of the restaurant selling out of their chocolate desserts, she personally delivered a chocolate cake to the restaurant in the afternoon as a gift to us. Imagine!

If you’re going to Sao Miguel, I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough. Thank you Margarida, Stacy, Joao, everyone!

-Molly

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful and relaxing stay at Quinta da Abelheira. Well appointed and clean room. Breakfast was delicious with lots of local goodies. Margarida, the host was wonderful and always eager to please. Stacy was very helpful in suggesting where to go and what to do in the Azores.
Thank you for making our stay special.
Carlos D’Almeida

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IBERIA01
Reviewed January 14, 2019

My family of four had a great stay. We stayed in a large two bedroom suite in a pretty building that had a sitting area and a jar with free cookies (a nice touch that the kids loved). We loved the breakfasts, accommodating service, and pretty seating areas by the pool. I had a lovely outdoor massage. My kids loved the many friendly cats on the property. A highlight was hiking up the gorgeous hydrangea-lined path to the beautiful vista at the top of the hill on the property. We also enjoyed walking to the nearby Arruda Pineapple Plantation. Recommended!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2018

A sought after place to stay. incredible view, dramatic sea and landscape. Decoration is of great class. Huge breakfast with local specialities. All the staff is super friendly. And the manager Margarida is a sweet person. If you want to relax this is the place.

Date of stay: October 2018