“You should definitely try it”
Review of Calcada do Cais

Calcada do Cais
Ranked #23 of 227 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Really really good food, service and Ambiente. You will not regret it! Price is absolutely reasonable and the food is fantastic!

Carolina B, Proprietário at Calcada do Cais, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your opinion, hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

My parents and I ate there two night i a row, because of how good it was!
We came every night around 8pm, and got a table straight away, but shortly after there was a line of waiting people wanting a table.

The hosts was sweet, polite and good at their jobs. They were really busy because the restaurant always was full, but they still maintained a good service.

The food is very delicious and pretty for the eyes.
Definitely worth a visit! May be a good idea to make a table reservation :)

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Best regards.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

The food was great, very tasty! I had the pesto pasta with chicken on top which was really tasty, so much so that I tried to recreate it at home (though it definitely wasn't quite as good). My girlfriend had the steak which also looked good. Why 4 stars instead of 5? I asked at the beginning if the water was free and the waiter said yes but then I got charged for it. Apart from that the service was great.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic meal, high quality food and friendly service. Steaks and seafood equally good. Booking essential (we had to book two days in advance for any chance of a table) but well worth it.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

We visited this restaurant while on vacation here in the Azores. We thought the menu and reviews made it a good place to try and it did not disappoint! We got there 45 minutes before it opened, so we walked around a bit before returning at 7 PM. We scored one of the outside tables on a beautiful night. I recommend reservations, as it very quickly filled up both inside and outside. Our waiter was terrific, and he was managing a good number of tables but we never felt neglected. I had a chicken with pasta and pepper parmesean dish that was very good. My only complaint would be the pasta was a bit over cooked, but tasty just the same. My husband had the mushroom risotto which was amazing! And the garlic bread on Bolos Levedos (sp?) - to die for! We had some nice local wines as well as an expresso, and the total bill was only about 37 €. A great dining experience!