“A must, especially for vegetarians!”

Sabores - Local Food
Ranked #1 of 220 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Sandwich and juice stand. Located in Ponta Delgada's farmers market (Mercado da Graca), sabores - local food, is the place where you can have a taste of local gastronomy based on the freshest azorean products from regional farmers and producers. If you're looking for a quick bite,a light lunch or just a freshly squeezed juice while visiting the city, come to this colourful market and meet sabores!
Reviewed June 8, 2018

What is better then eating fresh market food?

Eating fresh market food IN the market!
We loved the ambience, colors, smells and freshness.
We had the sweet bread with Sao Jorge cheese and walnuts - WOW!
The bread with cheese, red pepper mash and chives - YUM!
The hummus, sesame seed and basil - OUTSTANDING!

Fresh banana, orange and pineapple juice topped it all off!
All for under 20 E for 3 of us.

IT IS IN THE MARKET - find it.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

I happened upon this cute little stand in the Mercado da Grace in Ponta Delgada.

I opted for the bolo levado with Sao Miguel cheese, honey and walnuts with a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice.

Price was reasonable and I was able to sit in the market and people watch while I ate. The ingredients were fresh and the gentleman that runs the stand was very friendly! I wouldn’t hesitate to stop here again.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

This little sandwich-stand somehow has made it to the top of restaurants in Ponta Delgada. Please beware that this is NOT a restaurant, it's a small stand in an market where you can buy overpriced sandwiches that may be good.
But yes, overpriced, because the sandwiches are at tops a toastbread-size and at approx €3 each. We bought several sandwiches here as we thought they would work as a smaller lunch on our hike. They were good enough for the children and yes, the children were pleased. But they were rather simple, a slice of meat, a few pieces of cucumber, one leaf of salad and some dressing.
I asked for a vegetarian option. My sandwich were the smallest one (a small, azorean bun) and it was only half-filled with a few walnuts, a chopped up slice of cheese and some honey dripped above it (yes, half of the bread was just bread, no filling). You may guess how filling that was after a long hike!

I was very disappointed and would not recommend this place.

2  Thank Karin R
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

After eating out for most meals on our trip, my husband and I were looking for something affordable and homemade. Vegetarian options are slightly hard to come by on Sao Miguel but this was perfect. After a morning boat tour we walked to the market and had a bit of a hard time finding this booth but glad we did. It was a perfect light lunch! We had the vegetarian special with some fresh squeezed juice and it was fantastic!

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

We loved the levedo bread with cheese honey and walnuts, the natural juices were great as well, we had it at breakfast but it must be a great option for a light lunch too