See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2018

Lovely hotel, built into the side of a cliff overlooking the small bay of Angra Do Heroismo. The staff were both friendly and professional. Bountiful breakfast, though we avoided the eggs and fried meats. I would have given it five stars except for two issues: 1). No wi-fi in the rooms. 2) Parking: there are 7 sensible parking spots outside the entrance (which is on the eighth floor at the top of the hill). Other than that, there is a cement pillared rat trap of a garage (Stay Out!), parallel parking along a steep hill, or parking way down the hill near the small port. Other than that, fabulous.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2018

although the property is nice and for the most part most of the staff is helpful enough. The bartender went out of his way to accommodate us, cant say enough for his service.
However when we checked out I left a jacket on the counter. We confirmed by phone from the airport that I had indeed left it,
we were told by management to contact them when we got home ( United States) with home address so they could mail it to me.
Unfortunately we followed their instructions and even got an email response once home but then the staff quite responding. Needless to say I never received the jacket or any explanation.

To me this sums up the quality and reliability of the hotel when you are mislead by the management

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank pat6555
Reviewed April 29, 2018

Let me sum this up quickly - stay somewhere else. I spent a week here and, although the hotel itself is nice enough, you can do much better for the price in Angra. Pros: great view of the harbor, private balcony, large room and bathroom, very clean, within easy walking distance of the charming town of Angra (provided you're healthy enough to manage the steep hill.) Cons: where to begin.....well, echoing most of the other reviewers, the place resembles a mausoleum. Very sterile, skeletal staff (although it was still the low season so they may have more staff later), dining choices are abysmal (they charged 15 euros for a scandalously poor buffet breakfast!!!!), beds are hard with scratchy sheets, but by far the worst experience of the week for me was the constant bombardment of loud music from the "disco" across from the hotel on the other side of the marina. Apparently every Friday and Saturday night the party starts around 11 p.m. and goes until 4 or 5 a.m. Those Azoreans really know how to rock, but seriously, unless you don't need to sleep for the weekend, stay someplace else.

Room tip: All of the rooms have an ocean view. That said, all of the rooms also face the disco across the street, so you can't avoid the noise.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2018

During our recent Azorian visit, we were teated to a stay at this hotel, after our initially booked hotel wasn't available due to construction delays. The lobby is beautiful and bright, the staff quite friendly and accommodating, rooms large, clean and comfortable. The views from each room are stunning vistas of the marina and beyond. Every employee spoke excellent English, could not have been more gracious and always had a pleasant smile.
The breakfast buffet is huge, with all types of food available. The location affords short walks to several types of restaurants and shopping.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I would probably give it 3 and a half stars. It has all the amenities but feels old fashioned. It is out of season but I expected to see two little twins at the end of the corridor and Jack Nicholson on the desk. Breakfast poor. Everything was cold and small cold plates. The bread was good. Didn’t eat in when I arrived which was probably a mistake as I went locally (recommended I may add) and had the worst meal I’ve ever had. Don’t know the name. I suppose I should have been alerted when steak cream egg chips and rice was 7 Euro’s. Anyway back to the hotel.... we’ll actually I won’t be going back to the hotel. Mind you it is the highest rated in the island. Service was fine but a strong smell of cleaning fluid in the whole hotel. Nice view. On that that note ......

Date of stay: March 2018