US$116
US$103
Hotel Durao(Viseu)(Great Value!)
US$62
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

Onix Hotel(Viseu)
US$59
  • Pool
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Hotel Rubi(Viseu)
US$34
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$47/night.

US$44
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa da Se(Viseu)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 14, 2015

Although The time I spent in the hotel was low season, almost no visitors, service was great, breakfast good, and hospitality was super !

Would not doubt to visit again when in the neighbourhood

Best regards

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have just stayed here for a family wedding and it was lovely.The rooms were clean rooms and air conditioned. Although there is no swimming pool quests can use the nearby one 5 minutes walk( Water park) Staff were helpful and polite. The Wedding venue was just beautiful. Great food and friendly service at the wedding.
Decent breakfast in the mornings and the area was very peaceful and picturesque. It is close to a huge shopping centre and the old town.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the gardens. Some have nice large balconies that you can sit out on.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Found it on the way to Porto in the night. Very good territory of the hotel, good and cosy rooms, very affordable rates (79 euro- double room number), breakfast included. I can say its outstanding value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2011

When I arrived at Principe Perfeito, I was expecting a 4 start hotel experience. I had come from Luso's Hotel Grande which had set my expectations. I was disappointed at the Principe Perfeito's interior upon arrival. The cigarette machine in the lobby and motel like reception desk with dated wood paneling didn't get things started well. The elevator needs to be replaced or at least painted, and the carpet leading to our room had stains with wear lines. The room looked tired. The fabric on the headboards has gold stars that have been worn off closer to where people have sat up in bed against them. The red lounge chairs have wear spots on the ottoman and arms. Needless to say the first 20 minutes I spent trying to be moved to the sister five star hotel Montabello Hotel & Spa Viseu, which was unfortunately completely booked, being that it is August.

I had a hard time finding a last minute alternative in the area and especially with the package perks we had gotten with our reservation. It included access to the Principe Perfeito water park, which is open to the public, and uncomfortably crowded on hot days. Like 250-400+ people for one pool and 3 slides.. the lines were wrapping around the stairs and out onto the grass for small slides.

We also had free access to the nearby ForLIfe health club, the Montabello Hotel & Spa facilities, free entry to the Museum next to the Se Cathedral, a boat ride from another of the sister hotels in Aguiera and a few other things.

I was hoping that over the duration of my stay the hotel would grow on me.. and it did. The breakfast is very nice and the staff is kind and helpful.

The ForLife health club has an olympic sized pool and 3 separate pools great for relaxing and playing with the kids. My son who is going to be 2 loved going to theses pools. There are foam noodles, kick boards, floating mattresses and more water toys that we had completely free access to.

The Montabello Hotel and Spa facilities are nice too, with a kids playing area, games room, indoor pool and jacuzzi all with free access... no weirdness or loopholes because we weren't actually staying there.

The boat ride was short and sweet.. kind of a drive.. but worth it since we could use the sister hotel's facilities. At the hotel there was a nice kids playroom with a younger woman on staff to play with the kids. Both the Montabello Viseu and the Agueira hotels had endless free towel service that really added a nice 4/5 star touch.

If I ever come back to Viseu, or the area, I will probably go for either the Montabello Viseu or Agueira hotel over Principe Perfeito, especially if my kids come. The Montabello Viseu for more of a city/museum type trip and Agueira for a lake side/watersport/nice view and relax type of trip.

This trip, the ForLife health club at the Palacio de Gelo really saved us in terms of having a nice pool to enjoy. You must remember to bring a swim cap and flip flops. All the indoor pools require that you wear a swim cap in every hotel we have stayed on our vacation, and the health club.

In my opinion, the Hotel Principe Perfeito should be rated 3 stars, not 4, or they should renovate the common areas and rooms. Also, adding a kids room and a pool would go a long way in my book.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2006

A 3 star hotel that feels like a 4 star hotel
Above average rooms
Decent breakfast
Lovely building
The fields in the back of the hotel are great.
Excellent value for money!
Best value for money in Viseu.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled with family