All reviews golf course rooms are huge modern hotel premium loft golf hotel sushi bar great golf oitavos dunes indoor pool atlantic sea corner room amazing hotel hotel staff breakfast buffet is common areas five star hotel third floor
Reviewed May 11, 2018

Hotel is like an airport terminal. Soulless. all the staff look and are miserable (sorry exceptions are the guys in the golf storage area who were friendly and helpful) the hotel looks tired on the outside and inside. Breakfast was a joke got there half an hour before closing asked for a table - off the guy went and we didn't see him again! Went to a table which we asked to be laid for us. They then just left us. We had to,ask someone for tea and coffee. It was obviously buffet but nobody explained to us. Friends told us we could get eggs but had to be ordered. No staff volunteered this information. Eventually got eggs and drinks but had run out of mushrooms and grilled tomatoes. I had to point this out to staff. It then took 10 minutes,for them to arrive and my eggs were then cold. Food very average. Staff unhelpful but obviously they were short staffed. In the bar short measures of wine. This was pointed out when we saw another waiter serve a much larger measure to another friend of ours. When we informed him of this he just shrugged and said he didn't understand.. in my room very slow drainage on my wash basin. Surely the cleaning staff should point this out to maintenance. It can't be too difficult to rectify. Charge of another 25e to use indoor pool which is unacceptable for the prices they charge. Will not be visiting this place again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank jujannottingham
THEOITAVOS, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at The Oitavos, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments which are very important to us.

It is unfortunate that our design did not suit your taste, our bold design and sleek lines combined with elegantly simple interiors seek to focus attention outwards on the historical and natural elements of the surrounding landscape and the drama and romance of the Ocean.

We would like to express our sincerest apologies and are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not go as expected. We apologize about the critics to the breakfast and bar service, we are taking actions so that we can provide the best quality service. This experience does not reflect our high standards service. We apologize about the basin problems, these have been taken care of by our maintenance team that work every day to ensure everything is in the best conditions.

Kindest regards,

The Oitavos

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Joined a group of golfers for a couple of nights and didn't play golf, so, can't offer an opinion on the course - my buddies were underwhelmed particularly as an additional round on Sunday morning was going to be €105 a head.

Rooms were huge and with every conceivable electronic gadget catered to, balcony was also huge with views over the golf course.

The food was superb, everything freshly cooked and nothing any trouble to the staff. My only gripe is that fresh coffee wasn't available on a self-service basis, like everything else. Although the staff were attentive, they couldn't keep up with demand.

Without exception, every staff member was friendly, helpful and polite and nothing was any trouble, at any hour.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank TJ F
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Huge rooms, even the Superior category - it's like a suite! beautiful view
Great breakfast - from fruit to waffles
Location is great, so peaceful and in contact with nature but at the same time city center of Cascais is 5 min by car
Spa is amazing, you can rent bikes, you can do horseback riding, you can eat wonderful portuguese food, drink a cocktail and just have a great great weekend!
next time i will come back for a whole week

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, they are all huge only the view changes but you always have a great view i think
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice_OConnor
Reviewed April 4, 2018

An industrial building turned into a hotel... at least it looks like!
The outside of a hotel is not most of importance would be great if nice, but it could be worse. Here it is!
Mentioning one good point. The size of the room is fantastic, sorry that's it.
You have to like the colour blue, that's ok, but who likes real dirty - and I mean real 1.2* Hotel dirty - I do not! The toilet was used before and must have eaten something... I do not want to go into Details. The Telefon wasn't cleaned for a decade. Under the bed, we could have left our signature in the dust and whatever was still there.
Yes we changed the room and were told that all will be arranged when we come back to the hotel. Arranged nothing... just two small kids.. ready to go to bed.
I had dinner with my son and ordered our dishes. Nothing complicated, but nothing arrived as ordered, nothing at all. The wine was good, as it was recommended by the sommelier. That's it. No. The best of all comes now. Next morning we left after a miserable service at breakfast, to search for an other hotel. We were back at the hotel just before 12.00h - check out time - and this on purpose! The manager of the reception asked all questiones, asked me to show him the rooms and all Details. Which I - trying to be of help - did. At the end he told me that he cannot cancel the Reservation and in particular not the one of today, because we were checking out after 12.00h (my Family incl. the suitcases were out of the room before, waiting in the car!!) You Need more... there would be... I leave it

Room Tip: A good room, yes in an other hotel
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank martin w
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel and amazing rooms. The views are stunning. For golf players they can visit any time. But summer might be ideal for swimming and horse riding. The food is excellent. Only comment i would recommend is that the GYM needs to upgraded and updated.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business