“What they do, they do very well”

Cafe de Sao Bento Casino Estoril
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Above all, this is a steak restaurant.

Don't expect a huge menu, infact, there are only 3 options for main course, all involving fillet steak, although there are several side dishes and a plethora of desserts. But, as the title says, what they do, they do very well.

The ambiance is very nice and as it's inside Casino Estoril, there'll be no children.

1  Thank CalvinC81

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We went to this restaurant for my husbands birthday. The Casino itself was quite dead and lacked atmosphere so we were nearly considering not going for dinner at this restaurant. We were so glad we did go! From the moment we entered our waiter could not do enough for us. He helped us choose a fantastic reasonably priced wine and the gold medal cheese i had to start has to be one of the best cheeses I have ever had. Then we both had steaks, let me just say I am really fussy and always leave fatty bits behind. There was no fat on this meat at all, the knife went through like butter, we had the fillet mignon portaguese style, and it was the best steak we both ever had! The waiter then brought us out a little cake from them and we sang happy birthday to my husband. He also gave us a glass of wine on the house. Overall the experience was one of our best ever and we would highly recommend this restaurant for top quality food and excellent friendly service. Our waiter was the nicest friendliest person who made us feel so welcome and make our evening a very special one to remember.

1  Thank Kittyhot
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This is a must if you are near Estoril or the Casino, the steak was one of the best that I have had anywhere in the world, service was also excellent.

1  Thank rohas
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We were looking for a special place to celebrate our wedding anniversary and specifically wanted steak. This was an excellent choice. Although situated in the Casino Estoril, the restaurant had a quieter atmosphere than I expected. The service was excellent and the food was fabulous. We both ordered the steak in cream sauce, a house specialty. It was expensive, but I felt like the meal was worth it. After all, what's not expensive in Europe. Don't skip dessert, the apple pie a la mode was to die for!

1  Thank PeachoutofWater
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The Cafe de Sao Bento's steak is the best steak I have ever ate. I most certainly recommend it!