All reviews daily continental breakfast amenities expected hotel director within reasonable walking distance nearby university immaculate rooms free wifi minute walk from the hotel four star hotel high floor hotel is located three nights enjoyable stay quiet location air conditioning comfortable room saldanha
Reviewed November 18, 2017

The hotel is in the University district and has a number of restaurants of all kinds right on the same street. There is also a grocery store about 5 minute walk from the hotel. The room was confortable and the staff was helpful. The subway is a good 15 minute walk from the hotel but is near enough to get around the city quickly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed October 22, 2017

This is probably not a very convenient part of the city for anyone who plans to stroll to the sights. When I was there, two busloads of tourists were staying there, so if you are that sort of tourist, location doesn't matter so much. However, it took me a good 40 minutes at a fast clip to get into what are considered the more interesting central parts of the city. That doesn't mean that everything in between is lacking in interest, but it is interesting in terms of observing the workings of the city rather than in terms of seeing monuments, views and attractions. The hotel itself was comfortable without being luxurious, although I could not get the wifi to work on my computer either in the room or the lobby, and it only worked fitfully on my ipad. This was a major problem for me as I had counted on doing some work, and was unable to. Breakfast was all right in the continental style, albeit with the usual minimal to zero attention given to vegetarians in Portugal. The reception staff were very nice and efficient, also a characteristic of Portugal.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2017

My experience with this hotal was dismal to say the least. Never in my life have I been ignored to this extend. I had been inquiring an issue of mine several times. Yet never recieved any satisfactory reply nor result. It was basically like I was ignored throughout. I dont know what else really to say.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sander O
Reviewed September 28, 2017

This was our sixth stay at this hotel in six consecutive years for our annual trips to Portugal. Even with an entire new management team and front-line staff, this excellent operation is definitely improving over time and continues to be an excellent choice for tourists in Lisbon.

All hotel staff members must be commended for being extremely client-friendly, accessible at all hours, and always willing to assist tourists with tips and advice about traversing the city. This is a group of high quality, multi-lingual individuals who have never disappointed us in six years. Especially worthy of commendation are Paulo Silva (Hotel Director) and Sonia Ribeiro (Duty Manager); Daniel do Carmo and Ricardo Santos (Night Auditors); Jorge Grilo (Assistant Duty Manager); and Patrícia Costa (Receptionist). In my opinion, this current team is of the best we have seen at this hotel over the years.

I will reiterate a critical point I have made in earlier reviews for previous years about the location of this hotel. Despite some first impressions by some reviewers, the hotel’s location near the Instituto Superior Técnico (a major European university of engineering) is safer than many other parts of the city. I refer specifically to the high level of neighborhood security, but also to the availability of various shops, pubs, restaurants, takeaways, and numerous “multi-bancos” (i.e., ATM machines) all located within reasonable walking distance from the hotel.

The university neighborhood in which the hotel is located continues to be a safe and clean part of Lisbon, close to the lovely area called “Saldanha.” Taking a taxi or simply walking to catch the metro in order to visit central parts of Lisbon is an easy task. Ordering a taxi at the front desk for us has always been an efficient and inexpensive solution, with an average wait time of less than 5 minutes!

In short, what we have encountered during all of our stays at Hotel Turim Alameda are the following characteristics of a high-performance operation:

•Immaculate rooms with all amenities expected (including a strong Wi-Fi connection inside the rooms)

•A daily continental breakfast of consistent quality.

•An on-call taxi service, with an average arrival time of 5 minutes or less from when the front desk summons a cab.

•Pharmacies, shops, taverns, grocery markets, office supply stores, restaurants, ATM machines, and a post office within 1.5 to 2 kilometers in the nearby university neighborhood.

In our experience, this has always been an outstanding, cost-effective four-star hotel. It always seems to run like clockwork, even when the hotel is fully booked! Again, this is a credit to the entire team of employees who work as hard as any hotel staff I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaRocha1104
Reviewed September 27, 2017

the room was small and ensuite even smaller. The windows had a translucent coating. Everything worked ,shower, fridge ,wi fi in lobby, and staff helpful
Buffet breakfast ok, plenty of choice.
Location for us not good, not much choice of good restaurants locally and the metro was a good 10 mins walk away,not too bad going downhill, but after a hard day sightseeing around the hills of Lisbon it was quite a drag.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple