“Nice hotel good location”

Internacional Design Hotel
Ranked #49 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice hotel good location”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Nice modern hotel right in the heart of the city. Nice clean, comfortable and modern rooms although they are quite small by European standards.. Breakfast is a buffet style and has a good selection. You are near all the public transport options and all restaurants bars etc are nearby. The castle at night / dusk is a good time to visit as its very atmospheric. All in all its a good base and I would stay here again next time in Lisbon. I would recommend reading my article about taxis in from the airport if looking for a good taxi option. Lisbon is a beautiful city and i will return here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank max29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed for 4 days in April 2012. This is a great boutique style hotel - modern, clean and tidy, we stayed in a "Zen" experience room with great views over Rossio square and down road to the water. Right in the heart of the city and within easy walking distance to most of the attractions. Transport links are excellent. Take the Aerobus direct from the airport to Rossio square for 3.5 euros. We felt that this is a safe and very pleasant location for a city break. Breakfast is good. Service is good. 4 stars definitely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I decided to book this hotel based on the great reviews here. I wasn't too worried about the price and just wanted a great hotel for my wife and two teenage kids. We loved this place. When we arrived in the small cramped reception I got a bit worried but after the check-in we could see what a different experience the hotel would be. Every floor is different, the rooms are modern and funky in a sort of way. Flat screen digital TV and modern showers/bathroom. Our bedroom was smaller than the kids but that was the only complaint. They gave us complimentary cocktails nd the breakfast had the types of food choices you wouldn't find anywhere else. Check out the cutlery too, really different. This is a young hotel and right in front of the main squares, buses and underground. The shops are near too so it is the perfect location. The decore and front of the hotel is really beautiful. We had to wait for the plane so we stayed some time n the attic floor which was all pink and had speakers you could plug in your iPhone. The kids played on the computer and I took great photos of the square. I didn't see hardly anyone in this small hotel but didn't need anyone as there was no problem during our 3 day stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ShaunnyD
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I booked a basic room through Hotels.com (only $115 for a Sunday night stay) and upon check-in were upgraded to a suite (rack rate of 500 euros). We stayed the first night at one of the top-rated B&Bs and, looking back, wish we had spent both nights at the Internacional Design Hotel. The B&B had more character, but was incredibly tiny with low ceilings and no elevator. We are pretty no-frills, but after a long day of walking all around this beautiful city, it is nice to have a bit more space and some additional creature comforts.
This place was just like a W hotel in terms of ambiance and design, but with a European twist. Our room had three sets of french doors but we were completely unaffected by street noise ( a common problem throughout our week in Portugal). We opted out of the 15 Euro a person breakfast and enjoyed sitting outside in the Rossio square at one of the cafes for breakfast. Also, this hotel is incredibly easy to get to from the airport. For 3.50Euro, buy a ticket on the Aerobus from the airport and hop off at Rossio then simply walk to the hotel which is conveniently located right on the square.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lindseylovestotravel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Pros: Excellent location, delicious breakfast spread, modern, "trendy" decor

Cons: Inconsistency of staff (a couple were snobby and unfriendly, another was very friendly), inconsistent quality of rooms (our first room was on the POP floor and extremely tiny (with a slanted ceiling over half the room so I hit my head every time I went to one side of the bed) and dirty bathroom with a shower head that you had to hand-hold yourself (!!!). We complained the next morning and the lady at the front desk who was extremely friendly moved us to another room on the Tribal floor which was MUCH better. The reason she gave us for putting us in such a terrible room was that we had requested a "high floor" on our booking, and that was the last room left on the highest floor. It would have been nice if the man who checked us in (who was snobby and unfriendly) warned us about that room!

Aside from that incident we had a lovely time in Lisbon and would stay at this place again. Good value!

Room Tip: Skip the POP floor unless you like psychedelic decor; the Zen floor and Tribal floor both seemed gre...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My experience with this hotel was an overall positive one. The staff was very friendly as soon as I entered and the front desk was extremely accommodating; I had arrived early and they were gracious enough to find a room that was ready. The one that was ready right away was on the "pop" themed floor. As I had just traveled 16 hours I was so exhausted I took it instead of taking the recommendation of reception and waiting for a room on another floor to be ready.

I read other reviews that said to avoid the "pop" themed floor and I couldn't agree more. The room had bright yellow walls, a bright pink linoleum floor with lighter colored pink polka dots and plastic furniture. The bathroom had a bright green wall with an Andy Warhol quote on the wall. The other thing I need to note is that the ceilings towards the outside wall were slanted and unavoidable in the bathroom due to the room being on the top floor. I'm 5'8" and had to either walk near the sink to get to the shower or else duck.

I had a couple minor issues with my room so the following day I went to the front desk and explained what was going on (shower not draining as quickly as it should and an espresso machine that leaked a full tank of water all over). The same woman who had checked me in the day before immediately moved me to another room on the "tribal" floor. What a difference! The decor was warm and the overall quality felt much higher; even the towels were larger and thicker.

Pros:
- Amazing location (close to metro, shops, restaurants)
- English speaking staff (front desk, bellmen, bartender)
- Sound proofed extremely well (couldn't hear neighbors and it was quiet when there was construction directly outside my window)
- Free WiFi
- Transportation to the airport for 10 euro (less expensive than a taxi)
- Many English speaking TV channels
- High quality bathroom amenities (soap, body wash, shampoo, lotion)
- Relatively large rooms for Europe
- Climate control
- Robes

Cons:
- Poor lighting in both room and bathroom
- No clock (they do offer wake up calls though)
- Bathroom door is frosted glass and wouldn't provide total privacy if traveling with another

Overall this is a great hotel and definitely the place I'll stay if I return to Lisbon (as long as it's not on the "pop" floor").

Room Tip: Do NOT stay on the "pop" themed floor. "Tribal" was great and the "Zen&quo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Eternal_Wanderluster
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Pros
- free wifi ( worked perfectly in our room 3rd floor)
- Awesome breakfast ( included in my rate) had hot food, multiple pastries and cheeses to choose from.
- very clean hotel, looks new on the inside
- located in plaza Rossio which is the city center. Very close to all the major meeting points for tours, places to eat just steps away, etc..
- Free Nescafé (coffee pods) in room.
- AC in room, works great!

Cons
- Our bed was a "double bed" that really was two single beds put together, not he most comfortable bed in the world, but slept well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pepito506