See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2014

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed September 16, 2014

Having just spent a fabulous 20th wedding anniversary in Lisbon, I feel compelled to say the worst experience was staying at this pension.
Pro's~ Great location to visit the sights of this beautiful city.
Central location easily accessible from the airport by the aero bus which stops outside.
Close to many restaurants,bars & shops.
Very helpful staff, friendly & informative.
Clean room (except for shower read below)
Cons~ More cons than pro's I am afraid :(
Room size of postage stamp!
Constant late night noise from outside.
Constant building noise from ongoing building work from 8am,next to pension.
Room 37 (our designated room) opens directly opposite reception at top of stairs, therefore minimal privacy.
Nearest toilet to room 37 meant that you have to come out on corridor,again in full view of reception and any passing guest/visitors.
Shower,where do I begin with shower! I am by no means a snob I am a seasoned camper & festival goer but even I could not have attempted a shower during my stay,
having to utilise the hand wash basin to the best of my ability given the dimensions of our room. This was not an enjoyable experience! My husband did brave it !
Even though it was filthy,mouldy with blocked plug hole full of human hairs!!!!! And a shower mat that supported many life forms!
Shower head in desperate need of replacing, holes totally full of lime scale therefore no actual spray as such, just a constant hose like stream
I mentioned the state of the shower/room to the staff and asked to change rooms but unfortunately they said they where full, forcing us to pursue other local pensions with rooms, but to no avail " full at all the Inns" Other guests clearly had the same idea as due to our room location (in relation to the reception) we overheard new arrivals complaining, and leaving!!!
We survived our 3 night stay, again staff very helpful and on our day off departure kindly let us keep our bags stored there as our flight was not till much later in the afternoon.
I know, I know it's a budget hotel and believe you me I have stayed in many, but in my opinion it is tired and needs a revamp.
Again thanks to the staff you where very attentive throughout our stay, but I don' think re~ visit is not planned x

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank julieFeb68
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Right in the center of Lisbon at Rossio Square. (The Aerobus from the airport leaves you steps from the front door.)

Cons: At no fault of the pensao, there's construction going on and 8am each day the hammers & drills began. My bed was not the most comfortable and the shower area will get everything soaking wet. The stairs can be a challenge after a long day in the sun or when transporting luggage up/down.

Pros: The staff was very friendly & helpful. Most spoke English well. My room was cleaned daily and had sheets changed every 3 days. The wifi is free and there's a water machine you can use to refill bottles. The location is perfect for restaurants, the Tourist Info. booth, and the bus to/from the airport. (Bus is much easier than the metro.) I will most likely stay here when I return to Lisbon as the price and service outweigh the negative.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank funnychap24
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Pensao Santo Tirso is located very central and everything is accesible in only a few minutes (metro, Tejo, Bairro Alto, Shopping,..) The guesthouse is suitable for tourists who plan to spend a lot of time in the city/ outside. The staff was very friendly and had some nice tips for where to have dinner and where to go in general. The room was cleaned every day and clean towels were provided daily as well. All in all a great accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank corcaigh17
Reviewed November 19, 2013

my 2 friends and i stayed here while in Lisbon for the Benfica vs Celtic game in the champions league.
it is really a no frills hotel on the Rossio square where all the celtic fans met so it was a great location from that point of view.
as the hotel is situated on one of the main squares it is close to a lot of cafes and restaurants and it is also only about a hundred yards for train station.
the room itself was very basic but clean.
our room had a segregating wall that had a shower behind it, not idea but it done for what we were there for.
the hotel reception was always manned and they have to buzz you in to the main reception so it is very safe.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends