See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 15, 2016

When booking this I already knew that this is not the most luxurious hostel and that it will be very simple. Which for a short city trip is all you need. Getting there, I couldn't believe what I saw and smelled.
They smoke inside the reception area, it stunk extremely like old smoke! Also there's always that slight smoky breeze coming in the room (we had room 49) from reception.

The room we booked had a private bathroom. This was a joke! Please see pictures for that. We ended up using the shared bathroom.

Also see the picture of the 'view' from my bed which was a ceiling full of mould.

I can deal with a simple accommodation but not with anything that is bad for my health or dirty!

It was also freezing cold, but we got a heater from reception

At least the location was amazing!

Don't book this accommodation. There is other places just as central and better, I'm sure!

Room Tip: Room 49 doesn't get the wifi signal. And I wouldn't recommend any room in this hostel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and apart from the location(overlooking the main Rossio square) everything else was very poor quality. They say that rooms have private bathrooms but it is actually improvised toilet in the room separated with some plastic kind of wall. So small and dirty. No elevator(3+ stort building) , very old, definitely would not stay here again. Lisbon is charming and everybody should enjoy nice accommodation as well.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Santa Tirso, which is well located for sightseeing Lisbon, with the Metro Green line just across the Rossio. The only drawback for my arthritic knee was climbing up and down the three long flights of stairs. The folks are friendly and the room was clean and quite adequate. The cafe at the street level serves good food too.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed September 1, 2015

Me and my mates stayed in this hotel. This hostel really has the perfect location if you're visiting Lisbon. The service in the hotel from the man behind the reception was excellent. At first we booked the cheapest room, but it was quite warm in there and it didnt because it didnt had a window. When we told him that this was a bit of a problem for us he understood us directly and gave us a bigger room (with bathroom and window) without paying extra. And it was already really cheap. They clean the rooms every day and bring you new towels. It looks quite old when you walk in but the hotel part which is upstairs (3rd floor) is completely fine! In the end was it a perfect hotel for us!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rob v
Reviewed August 31, 2015

It is very hard to beat the location. A supermarket is very close, there are some cafes and bakery shops. From your window you can see the castle as well as Rossio Square. At the square there is always going on something. Because of that you might awake a little earlier sometimes. You can reach Bairro Alto and the river Tejo within a 5 to 10 minute walk. The rooms are small and simple but its cleanliness is good. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They have a 24h reception so you can leave the key of the room there. So for those who want to stay in Lisbon and do not have too big expectations Pensao Tirso is a good alternative for a fair price.
All in all we enjoyed our time in the accommodation and would book it again if we went to Lisbon another time.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends