See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed July 25, 2016

My fault to book this hotel in a rush, since I checked serval links, this one was on the top when I sort out the hotels by 'distance', so I booked without checking the reviews. First, it was very difficult to find the hotel, a hidden entry next to a busy restaurant. Then you need to carry your luggages to climb 4-5 floors. There is no air condition, nor fan in the room, imagine 35 degree...I stayed 4 nights, except making the bed and changing the towels, no body came to clean the floor. No shampoo. Wifi is very weak in the room. During the night, cars, people shouting... non-stop noice. The only positive thing I could find was the locaiton, center of Rossio, easy access to blue and green metro, train 15E and lots of bus stops, as well as restaurants. Try to avoid it if you travel with the old or family.

Room Tip: If you have enough budget, try to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jiayi W
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

As said in the title the "hotel" is in a very good position but everything else is poor not well looked after and unclean. Is good for a night or two if you just want a place where to sleep for a cheap price

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2016

When booking this I already knew that this is not the most luxurious hostel and that it will be very simple. Which for a short city trip is all you need. Getting there, I couldn't believe what I saw and smelled.
They smoke inside the reception area, it stunk extremely like old smoke! Also there's always that slight smoky breeze coming in the room (we had room 49) from reception.

The room we booked had a private bathroom. This was a joke! Please see pictures for that. We ended up using the shared bathroom.

Also see the picture of the 'view' from my bed which was a ceiling full of mould.

I can deal with a simple accommodation but not with anything that is bad for my health or dirty!

It was also freezing cold, but we got a heater from reception

At least the location was amazing!

Don't book this accommodation. There is other places just as central and better, I'm sure!

Room Tip: Room 49 doesn't get the wifi signal. And I wouldn't recommend any room in this hostel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and apart from the location(overlooking the main Rossio square) everything else was very poor quality. They say that rooms have private bathrooms but it is actually improvised toilet in the room separated with some plastic kind of wall. So small and dirty. No elevator(3+ stort building) , very old, definitely would not stay here again. Lisbon is charming and everybody should enjoy nice accommodation as well.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple