“Good value hotel”

Ranked #109 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good value hotel”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We visited Lisbon for the first time and stayed 4 nights at this hotel in October. We chose it using a Trip Advisor, we didn`t want to pay too much, but were looking for stay in read other opinions about the noise from the metro under the street. All right, one can decent conditions.
We find the hotel quite OK, we spent the whole days in the city and only slept there. Wehear the trains coming but it`s not a big problem. The good quality windows seal the room from any street noise. Our room was clean, the beds were made everyday, A/C system was efficient but a bid loud, so we had to turn it off once or twice.
We skipped breakfasts (7,50 euro per person) and were eating in local cafeterias down the street much cheaper, with local people. It was a nice experience.
The hotel location is very good, we used to walk down the street to the city center, that takes some 20 mins, and come back with the metro (Anjos station) that is very close to the hotel and takes minutes. The taxi to the airport cost 7 euro and it took some 15 mins to get there in the morning hours, with no traffic.
The reception staff speak good English, but we didn`t have any problems to test their cooperation. All in all we can recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with trip.ru

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Hi All, I just got back from a one week stay at Hotel Travel Park and here is my review. I booked this package for two through VoyagesBergeron.com for $1150.00 per person including hotel and breakfast with Air Transat departing from Montreal. Upon touchdown we easily found the Air Transat representative and with a brisk 15 minutes bus ride we arrived at the hotel. The hotel lobby is small and the staff is very friendly, I was originally given a room on the fifth floor but it had double beds and I wanted one large bed, I went back down and switched rooms in a matter of minutes. The hotel is located on a busy boulevard about a fifteen minute walk from the city center, there is a metro station located two hundred feet from the hotel and it runs all day. You can buy a 24hr. metro pass for $4.50 Euro. Parking is available and quite cheap for Lisbon standards; just have the hotel reception validate your ticket. Breakfast was buffet style, eggs sausages, cheese and fresh fruits, yogurt and more, but pretty much the same thing every day. Our room was perfect; it was on the top floor room 705 which was a corner unit. The windows are thick so you can`t hear the outside noise, air conditioner worked flawlessly, the bed was firm but ok. There is a blow dryer, fridge and a save in the room. The bathroom was large and all tiled and very clean. If I return to Lisbon I would definitely consider returning to the Travel Park hotel, I enjoyed my stay there and I definitely recommend you to stay there. And my tip for this city, make sure you wear good walking shoes, there are just so many hills!!
Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mikealoneathome
mjcon
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Stayed 3 nights at the Travel Park. The best thing is the location - 50 yds from the Metro stop then it's less than 5 mins to Rossio square. The reception staff were very friendly and heplful, and the hotel was really very clean with lots of free toiletries in the bathroom. The bar area is very pleasant too. On the downside, breakfast was a bit so-so. My room was at the front of the hotel and traffic seemed to barely let up all night. The metro also made the room rumble and resonated very successfully with the grille on the A/C unit! Beds comfy but pillows a bit sad.

Room Tip: ask for one at the back - should be quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mjcon
Angra do Heroismo, Portugal
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed there for two nights and for the third time. Spacious rooms , friendly staff and good breakfast .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jorge R
Ashford, Middlesex
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Loved the room, good food and helpful staff. The location of the hotel was less than glamourous, but it was close enough to the centre of town to walk everywhere.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank dragonmaster79
ILKESTON Derbyshire
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Went over for Rangers-Sporting game.Brought 3 day top card for metro & bus/tram .Metro easy to get round on but same as any big city watch your pockets .Had no problem as we had been told in hotel.Go up the tower just down from Rossi metro.The view is brill, night time down to the bars near the old bridge take the metro to cais do Sordre then 5 stops on tram or bus.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Where do I start!?

Spent two nights here with my dad and younger sister. Travelled to Lisbon for a football match so we weren't necessarily looking for a fantastic hotel, but this wasn't even good.

The staff were polite, but not friendly. There was never a "hello" or a "good morning" although they were willing and accomodating when you asked for something.

We checked in at 12 noon although our rooms were not ready until 2pm, which was fine. We spent some time looking around Lisbon until gone 2, when we went back to freshen up. We booked two rooms- A single for my dad and a twin for us two girls (myself and my sister). They mixed the names and the rooms up, so my dad ended up with twin beds for one person and my sister and I shared a double bed. You might argue that we could have switched rooms ourselves, but the mistake was unnoticed until all our things were out of our suitcases.

The rooms were large and spacious and appeared clean, apart for the ant problem! (See further on.) However the mattress was old and springy and the pillows were small and lumpy. This didn't help with all the noise at night! I was unable to work out what it was but some reviews suggest that the lift is very loud. Both nights there was loud banging, it sounded as though furniture was being dragged across the floor above. The flushing of other toilets could also be heard quite loudly and it sounded as though the water was trickling through our walls. Not very pleasant.

I'd taken my laptop with me as I have important work to do but there was no WIFI and the internet was chargeable at a high rate. It worked out cheaper to use the internet roaming on my mobile phone!

The bathroom was clean but the towels were old, grey, tatty and falling apart. Not very nice at all, they actually made me feel sick. On the first day I noticed an ant in the bathroom but thought we must have brought it in from outside. By the last day, there were dead ants all over one corner of the bathroom floor.

All in all it wasn't good at all. Not a total disaster but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family