“Perfection”
other travellers have booked this property
Layout
Layout
Patio
Patio
Entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Peekatito
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfection”
Reviewed May 10, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Great week at Fado Flats!. Mario arranged our transportation to and from the airport which was done though Cross Lisbon.......wonderful service. What a gem this place is! All previous reviews are on point. Location could not be better. Would stay here again even for an extended stay. The apartment has a wonderful vibe that makes you immediately feel the Lisbon culture. Loved the bottle of Fado wine awaiting us after a long flight. Thanks again for everything Mario.
Until next time,
Tom and Kim

Liked best: Location
Liked least: No washer and dryer, but no big deal.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 May 2016
Thank you Tom and Kim, a true pleasure hosting you! See you soon again, Mario
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Liked best: everything
Liked least: none!
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Apr 2015
Thanks Farshad, for the great review and very kind words. It was my pleasure hosting you and helping you to discover my home town. You know you are welcome back any time! Mario
rdlc
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“nicely furnished, cozy rental in the baixa-chaido district”
Reviewed October 17, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

After 2 weeks of staying mostly in small bnbs/pension houses, Mario's apartment felt like we were staying in a palace ! It was roomy, nicely furnished with a fully functional kitchen. We love the fridge (cold drinks finally!), there is even a small sitting area outside by the kitchen but no street view. The apartment was accurately described and represented by the photos in the listing.

Location-wise, it is a short uphill walk from the baixa-chaido stop if you exit from the chiado square. It is close to the train station, funicular station, a big mall (I forgot the name) and atm / grocery stores. My husband and I walked everywhere, we particularly liked going down the steps on Calcada do Duque because of the amazing view.

It was easy to book the property, Mario was prompt in replying to emails. He was really accomodating, I told him that we were taking the overnight bus to Lisbon and would arrive very early. He said that he can meet with us as early as 830 am but I wasn't expecting that we could get into the apartment right away. He gave us short and clear directions about the area and the apartment. He also arranged for our taxi back to the airport.

But be aware - the apartment is on a hill, but that is pretty much Lisbon for you, it is a hilly (and very picturesque) area. Some of the utensils/dishes in the cupboard were dirty but nothing that can't be easily cleaned with soap. There are no windows facing the street and you can get some noise from the upstairs apartment.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the apartment, and Lisbon in general. I highly recommend Fado Flats.

18 Oct 2014
Thanks Imelda for the great and detailed review. I try to meet our guests needs (like early check in) whenever possible and helping discovering my hometown.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Travelling group: Other
20 Jul 2014
Thanks Greg! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the flat. Place is great indeed and better size then many 2 bedroom apartments!
jc1000
London, UK
“Great experience: historic, central, comfortable”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I visit Lisbon two or three times a year because it’s a city I love. Of late, I’ve become rather disillusioned with the hotels I generally use. The cheaper ones have become rather shabby. The medium range ones are pricey compared with a few years ago and promise a lot but deliver little. So I decided to do what apparently many other regular visitors are doing – to rent a flat instead. Chose Fadoflats because it seemed to have the best website and a range of attractive-looking properties; I was also impressed by the high Tripadvisor ratings.

What a good move! Firstly, the flats on offer are all within close distance of the city centre – unlike some of the bigger hotels, which are in traffic-congested northern parts of the city. The flat I rented was in Chiado – a five minute walk from Rua Garrett and views of the Tagus in one direction and from the restaurants and nightlife of Bairro Alto in another. Yet it was in a quiet side street, in a typically Portuguese neighbourhood (hanging washing, family run restaurants, gossip on doorsteps). I thought I knew Lisbon well but this was a revelation!

The other very positive feature was the service provided by Fadoflats. The boss, Mario, showed me round the flat personally. He was unfailingly helpful, speaks four languages and was the kind of person you trust on sight. I’d been unsure what to expect but the flat was very well equipped – crockery and cutlery enough for a mammoth diner party, towels, even shower gel provided. There was up-to-date information about Lisbon; a typical touch was a handwritten map indicating where local shops were. The flat’s owner had left a few books and knick knacks around to ensure that the place felt like somebody’s home. It had masses of historic character (unlike those faceless hotel rooms). And there was even wi-fi included in the price.

I confess that my reports for Tripadvisor tend to be on the grumpy side – warning others of horrors I’ve met on work-related travels abroad. It makes a pleasant change to write an entirely positive one for once. I have no hesitation in agreeing with everybody else on here who has recommended Fadoflats so wholeheartedly. And I know exactly what I’ll be doing on my next visit to Lisbon – and the next…

Liked best: Location, supportive agent
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
22 Jun 2014
Thanks John! It was a real pleasure meeting you and pure delight reading your review. We try hard to make a difference in a competitive market (being flats location, equipment, decor, added services) and we do get a kick out of what we do so it is really rewarding reading a review like yours.
See you next time in Lisbon... and next!
Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
28 Apr 2014
Thank you Ted. I am glad you enjoyed the flat and my hometown. Thank you also for the great and accurate review. Concise, detailed and hitting all spots!
aberdeen
Reviewed April 3, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
3 Apr 2014
Thank John and Pamela! I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed the flat. I am glad also you confirm location in unbeatable! Soon again?
Mario
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing