“Amazing, fun tour”

Lisbon Vintage Scooter
Ranked #82 of 257 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide you with unique Vintage Scooters & Tours to ride the Old Town - the best way to feel the Lisbon Vintage side of life. We are local guys in love with our town and we want to introduce you the best it has. You can rent a Vintage Scooter and make your own ride or you can come for a Vintage Tour with us. We deliver your old school machine ANYWHERE YOU WANT in Lisbon.
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Our family took a guided tour with Lisbon Vintage Scooter on June 4. My husband and I shared 1 scooter, my son (16) drove another and we followed our excellent guide. The bikes are automatic, so easier to get the hang of. Where there was traffic, road works or closed roads our guide knew how to re-route. Where we had already visited one of the sights, he added in another place to visit. This is a great way to see the city, get a feel for the layout and decide what you want to go back and see on foot! We went to many great lookout points and drove by the castle, Se, Belem and more. There was plenty time to stop, take photos,and learn a little before moving on. The traffic is not too bad for a major European city but you do go on a few busy roads as well as quiet back streets. Our tour was almost 4 hours and E150. I would have paid more, worth every cent!

Date of experience: June 2018

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

We let our hotel make a reservation to rent a scooter for the next day. We made an appointment for 09:30 the next day, and we were met by the friendly local owner.
The registration etc was done very quickly and he showed us the Vespa, which was in good condition. We planned a trip to Sintra (without tourguide), via de highway. But the owner advised us that taking the local roads was much nicer, i'm very glad we did!

We drove by the Torré Belem, Estoril, Cascais(we had some lunch), Cabo da Rocha and Sintra. We basically just followed the river as we were advised, and it worked out perfectly. We had an amazing day, such a nice experience and so much freedom on the Vespa!!

We took some nice photo's near the bridge and around cabo do rocha and sintra!

Lisbon traffic is pretty light and safe. When you're outside the city, it's just a joy to drive on the little country roads.

Take some warm clothes, as Cabo Do Rocha can be very windy!

I would recommend this experience to everyone! We even feel bad we did't hire the scooter for 2 days, as it would also be nice to discover the various tourist highlights in the city centre itself. Unfortunately we were short on time and had to leave Lisbon for the Algarve.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Myself & my girlfriend went on the tour of Lisbon on a Vespa with Edwardo as our tour guide.
From the get go, everything was excellent. Very well organised & professional. He showed us all the sights of Lisbon and explained where we would be going etc.
He stopped at certain locations and viewpoints along the way and made sure everything went smoothly for us.
My girlfriend wanted to store her bag in the scooter & he even went as far as to get her a towel so that it would not get dirty or scratched.
I would highly highly recommend doing this tour to anybody visiting Lisbon. You will see all the major sites and have great fun doing it. Remember, Lisbon is built on 7 hills & with a scooter, no need for walking sweaty up all the hills
Edwardo even went as far as to bring us to a lovely local restaurant afterwards for lunch which had excellent food.
It's a real family business with the personal touch. You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful day on a rental moto by Lisbon Vintage Scooter!

We drove all the way to Cabo da Roca (western point of Europe) and back. Lisbon citytraffic felt a lot less of a hazzle than anticipated when riding a scooter. I would not take the scooter to any motorway since the performance is quite modest with two on atleast. Though, we did overtake one student driver !

Think it as a fun experience and you'll have best time of your holiday!

David was very helpful and precise replying quickly to emails and explaning the secrets of a vintage moto.

Cheers!

Ilkka and Kristiina from Finland

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank ilkkako
See more reviews
Reviewed September 12, 2015

We were looking for something different and somewhat exciting to do the first day we arrived. With prior reservations, David came and picked us up at the hotel with scooters. My wife and I were the only ones on the tour, and we shared a scooter. There was no way she was going to drive is a busy city with cobble stone streets. It was fine for me. Anyway, since we had other city tours lined up, we asked David to take us to more local places. We went around Bario Alto, stopped at a couple of vista-view parks, had a beer in one when my wife looked at the craft stalls. Very personal guide, perfect English, could have become a friend.

Date of experience: September 2015