1,169 results
All reviews free walking tour terrace room infinity pool design hotel se cathedral tagus river rooms are small side street the hotel offers great boutique beautiful hotel rooftop bar superior room excellent breakfast old lisbon loved this hotel pastries
Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is a very stylish and cool design hotel. Where it leaves something to be desired is with regard to the "wow factor" or "special" feeling you should get from hotels of this calibre. I was expecting this hotel to be the highlight of my trip, but it wasn't. Alfama, is the coolest neighbourhood though and I'm not sure where else I would have stayed that would be better. Service is just ok - friendly people but not super outgoing. Food sucked (except breakfast which was ok). Warm beer. Ok wine. Very slow bar/patio service. Our room was on the third view and it was tiny and virtually no view because the outer wall of the hotel covers most of the window. Its a heritage building and can be changed, so the windows are small and views lacking. The free city tour was awesome. No parking close to the hotel, but no need to bring a car or have a car while you're there. The views over Alfama from the patio are amazing and totally make it worth a visit, but overall the patio lacks a good vibe. It needs a better layout or better atmosphere beyond the view. It was just kind of boring and takes forever to get a drink.

Room tip: The top floors have very bad views as you can't see over the high Juliet balcony wall.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a great view from the bar on the roof. A good thing is that you can enjoy the roof bar and drinks without booking a room ($$). The room we had (nr7) had a great view over Alfama and water. A spacy bathroom but really not enough storage space. The breakfast with a lot of choice but take some extra time if you wish to have a special coffee or omlet.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PedroS6437, Front Office Manager at memmo Alfama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2018

Dear Beauty_in_journey

Thank you for your comments and for your stay at memmo Alfama.

We do hope to welcome you again in Lisbon.
With my best regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Memmo Alfama Hotel.. I really wanted this to be my favorite. It was so unique..down a long alley, past old time residences, where even taxi drivers had a hard time finding it. Loved, loved the location..it had about 40 rooms, had an unbelievable cocktail lounge/balcony and even tho we were there in late October, we used the outside area 3 or 4 times. It has to be the very best view in Alfama.....the clay roofs of every building up the hill, the water and the cruise ships pulling in. It was fabulous. And, it had a wonderful breakfast, with meats, cheeses, croissants, cinnamon breads, loads of fruits and any egg/crepe/side that you could want. Our room was smaller than the others we had in Lisbon/Porto, but because when we opened our bedroom window and looked out, we could deal with it. Not much closet space for a one week stay...I never unpacked..just used my suitcase. Staff was super. Here’s what bothered me...there is NO privacy in the bathroom...the wall is glass, the door is glass, with a curtain covering it. I don’t wanna hear my husband in the bathroom, nor do I want him to hear me. And, we were told the floor we were on .. room 31 tho it was on the 2nd floor...had the very best views. But we could hear the people on the next floor up walking around early morning and late night. Plus, there was a really noisy heater/air conditioner. The good much outweighed the bad, but I can’t give it a “Very favorite “ rating. Loads of great restaurants around that area..look for my other restaurant reviews for info on them.

Dear gkealy

I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for your review on trip advisor.

I am also very pleased to read your ind comments about our staff, location and breakfast. We do understand that, unfortunately the rooms are not to big and i do apologise for any inconvenience.

We really hope to welcome you again in Lisbon.
With my best regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with the good things: great location with stunning views from the terrace. Modern designed rooms within lovely Alfama area. The breakfast selection is great and you can order crepes or Omelettes. But honestly in this price category we stayed in far better hotels. It’s definitely overpriced in terms of service.

At breakfast time waiters are in a rush and don’t even clean the tables or provide cutlery. We had to ask for cleaning a table before we could have breakfast. I asked for a cappuccino and first waiter told me they don’t have it?! 10min later he informed me that they would have cappuccino and finally when I was about to finish my breakfast I got a cappuccino. Second day of breakfast the cappuccino tasted not as cappuccino and also didn’t look like one. Uff.

Pay attention to the room category and pictures online while booking. First we got a room directly next to the elevator with no view or lights at all. In front of the only window was a tree and it was dark. As I compared it to the lovely room pictures online they offered us another room with a better view on 2nd floor. Honestly I was very disappointed. Furthermore no one told us about Alfama tour, we just found out by reading reviews.

As mentioned before the terrace is great for having a cocktail but overpriced. 12EUR for a glass of sangria?! All in all great location but not worth the price if you value good, professional and attentive service.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Had a wonderful stay here. Breakfast is generous and delicious, the views from the balcony are stunning. Our room was indeed small and getting ready in the morning between two people was a kind of strange, contortionist ballet (slight exaggeration) but you know what I mean. But really, the bed was comfortable and it was so quiet for a city centre hotel- we woke to birdsong and bells from the nearby churches every morning. I'd come back here without hesitation, the staff are genuinely welcoming, friendly and always willing to help... and endlessly patient in the face of some pretty demanding guests from what I saw! Recommended.

Room tip: Rooms on third floor are small- not sure if they get bigger the lower down you go.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear markhuckerby

Thank you for your review and stay at memmo Alfama.

Lisbon will always be here to welcome you!

With our best regards,