“Piriquita I is open and bustling, best pastries ever!”
Review of Piriquita II

Piriquita II
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Sintra
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I'm not sure why Piriquita I is listed as closed on tripadvisor. I was there a few weeks ago and the place was bustling, as it is perhaps the best pastry shop in the world. I'm not exaggerating, and the prices are very good. Many of the photos shown here for Piriquita II are actually of Piriquita I.

I recommend stopping here at the start of your trip to Sintra and at the end. It is worth it. I had a Pastel Nata for 1.20 euros. This is like a big slice of chocolate cake with pieces of sesame candy in it. Another pastry was only 1.10 euros. A large (Americano) coffee is 0.90 euros. Lemonade is 2.20 euros. See my photos!

Another great thing about Piriquita is that it is in the center of town, just down the road from the premiere attraction in Sintra, Quinta da Regaleira. See my review on this if you wish. It is a much more memorable attraction than Pena Palace or the Moorish Castle.

There are newer reviews for Piriquita II

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This place was recommended to us by a local, so we decided to try the desserts there. This place is also where Portuguese people go for a cup of coffee and desserts, the place was full, but we could easily find a table outside. Don't miss the Travesseiros (pastries with almond and egg yolk filling) and Queijadas (small pastries with cheese and cinnamon filling).

1  Thank Aleksandra K
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This is a must eat while in Sintra. For heaven`s sake, try their queijada and their `almofadinha de sintra`. They taste incredible. The whole restaurant is phenomenal. The waiters speak some english and it will cast your memory back to old times. Wonderful restaurant

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Small patisserie but full of happy surprises. Do not miss their pillow cakes, sweet almond filling in heavenly pastry.
Very friendly, nice place- do not miss...

Reviewed 18 July 2017

A young woman wearing the yellow "information" t-shirt for Sintra told me about Piriquita when I asked about coffee shops. Her colleague chimed in right away. "It's a local treat!" Boy, were they right!

Go in. Sit down. The wait staff is gracious and speedy. Coffee is great. But the piriquita itself is divine. Be ready to want more after the first is gone.