“great food great view”
Review of Uva Gourmet Restaurant - CLOSED

Uva Gourmet Restaurant
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our executive Chef, Thomas Faudry, pays tribute to the pleasure of gastronomy with an inventive fusion cuisine that celebrates the authenticity of the genuines freshly picked products from the island, with the unique art of the french "savoir faire". Indulge yourself with our menu and enjoy an amazing view from the Hotel The Vine rooftop. Uva Restaurant, a feast for your senses.
Reviewed May 21, 2015

The spot is nice and the view is great. Good wine suggestion and the plate of Portuguese cheeses was brilliant. The lamb was divine. Great service except for one manager who did not seem to enjoy his job as much as his colleagues. Perfect place for a dinner "en tête-à-tête".

Reviewed January 9, 2015

It was good but not that good and the atmosphere nonexistent. Uva Priced glass of mediocre champagne forced on me and my partner as soon as we sat down, it almost felt complementary. Food was a good standard but nothing special the whole experience left me a bit deflated. Perhaps I was expecting too much.

Reviewed January 3, 2015

The sushi was absolutely perfect! Too bad that it was only available from 12 until 3pm. I also had the hamburger, pumpkin soup and carpacio. All very good quality. Also the wines were delicious. Minor detail: sometimes the strong wind cools down the food too fast. Then it's better to eat inside. Where ever you sit (or lay), the view is stunning!

1  Thank kirsten2015
Reviewed December 29, 2014

I Travelled to Madeira with friends and booked a table in this restaurant for my Birthday which turned out to be a most wonderful experience to the highest standard.

The Restaurant is situated on the top floor of a rather swish Shopping centre in the Vine hotel and you enter via the beautiful pool deck with fabulous city views.

The Maitre D' met us at the door and ushered us to our table while the very friendly and attentive staff looked after us.The table was at the large glass panoramic windows and offered views out over Funchal.

The food that followed was absolutely excellent and certainly in my opinion very worthy of a Michelin star or two but really does not need it as it speaks for itself .The food was beautifully presented ,executed and full of wonderful flavours which complemented each other wonderfully.

We opted for three courses priced at 40 euros which was excellent value and priced very fairly indeed for the excellent quality of ingredients,taste and of course the experience.According to an earlier review someone mentioned it was pretentious and expensive which i did not find it to be at all.It was a relaxing ,lovely experience with just the perfect attention to detail and unobtrusive service.The staff really knew how to treat their customers.

At the end of the meal the Maitre D ' mentioned that he thought it was someones birthday as i had mentioned it in my email and to my surprise the staff brought out a beautiful chocolate Ganache cake for me and some Blandys Malmsey Madeira wine for us to enjoy with their compliments.It was a really touching and a wonderful end to a fantastic evening.

The overall bill was excellent for such an experience coming in at around 170 euros(£134.00) for 3 people including 3 courses,two bottles of excellent wine and 3 gin and tonics not to mention the wonderful compimentary treats for my birthday.

The Maitre D' , waiting staff and of course the chef deserve a massive thank you for making our night a very memorable one for all the right reasons and on my next trip to Madeira i would definitely return on more than one occasion.

3  Thank COLINSCOTTISH
Reviewed December 28, 2014

Nice Christmas evening meal felt that the restaurant lacks ambience and at times during the service it felt s little over prescribed and perhaps clinical. The staff were very efficient and the chef kindly made me an alternate desert as the only one on offer as part of the Christmas menu was chocolate which was a shame as the rest of the meal was lovely. All in all a nice experience but not a great one.