“We have been to this restaurant each time we have been to Madeira and never been disappointed.”
Review of Restaurante O Arco

Restaurante O Arco
Ranked #218 of 721 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 15, 2017

This restaurant serves good basic local food. Surprised by some of the reviews that said they had had to wait for service as, when we have been there we have always been surprised that it isn't busier. On this visit there were already quite a few customers being served but, although there was only one waitress our food came quite quickly and was very tasty. Then again I think it would be difficult to find a bad meal in Funchal, haven't managed it yet.
Will no doubt be back again

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

New friends asked us out on recommendation from their recent visit.
Traditional food though ambience reflected a canteen, standard service, opted for the traditional scabbard though 'rolled' instead of with banana as interested how it would be presented, it came with bones and nothing else of any interest!!
Mediocre in all aspects

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Used this restaurant 3 times during the week.
Staff are lovely and very helpful.
Food well cooked and steaks really good value - several euros cheaper than elsewhere and as good if not better.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Went twice for lunch. I had special which was fish in a perno sauce and my husband had pork. Very fresh and tasty and for 7.50 euros each good value. The house wine is good.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

Bizarre evening waiting 2 hours for food, this restaurant kept reminding me of Fawlty Towers only I wasn't laughing. We were served by a girl in her overcoat who kept darting outside to drag unsuspecting punters in for a very long evening. The only chef disappeared halfway through with several tables waiting for food, a strange woman kept laughing hysterically whilst bringing out a single plate at a time when another chef finally turned up to cook. I wouldn't have minded so much if the food had been good but my soup that arrived after an hour and a half was bland potato soup and when I'd lost the will to eat the hysterical woman had a go at me for not liking the soup. We should have left early on but we were so transfixed with the proceedings to see what would happen next that we stuck it out, several other people gave up and left though. So if you feel like a night of Basil and Manuel go for it otherwise head to a safer bet around the corner.