“Friendly welcome”

Restaurante O Arco
Ranked #219 of 721 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed March 8, 2018

We were greeted with a complimentary glass of poncho which was mildly embarrassing as we only wanted a snack as we had eaten at lunch time. However friendly waiter assured us it was OK not to have full meal. Had shrimp omelette and sardines. Beware - I got 5 very plump fish! Fish were fried in salt which was quite strong but gave a lot of flesh. Cannot comment on full meals but people seemed to be enjoying them.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited this evening, lovely food great waiter and friendly group of ladies from Spain.
Food this evening
Mussels
Steak
Paella
All swilled down with a bottle of Mateus Rose

Reviewed February 20, 2018

This is a simple and genuine little family restaurant with good quality and nice athmosphere. The food was good tasting. We were there on thursday evening and it was nearly full on customers. Freindly staff and reasonable prices. And we got a Poncho as a wellcome drink. Thas was nice little expression. We recommend.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

We went for our Valentine's Dinner. Really great value, food hot, delicious and John who greeted us at the door was very friendly and helpful to everyone in the restaurant as well as being very kind to my little dog. Also everyone was given a free shot glass of Poncho. Lovely restaurant :)

1  Thank Sandy T
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is good for the type of clients who look at quality and a genuine restaurant for pleasure of food not those in rush or the price sensitive customers.At the first look, the restaurant may not look something special but do not get fooled, step in. The food is simple without much elaboration on presentation but once you taste it, you feel the love by whoever that made that food. Part of the deserts are home made which merit the taste. The simplicity of the restaurant I am not a big food lover and rarely think I am competent to comment on restaurants as they are same to me. But once a food is good I think I must shout it loud. Average cost per person including three course meal and drinks is about 20 euro. I go back there again.