This is the second time we have stayed at the Mimosa on All inclusive through TUI. We knew exactly what to expect for the hotel and location, and were really delighted to be given our requested room and a bottle of Madeira wine on arrival...nice that loyalty is so appreciated!
The location is great, very easy to get around on local buses (which we did a lot) also lovely walks down to Lido & up along Levada behind hotel. It is set on a steep slope, so it keeps you fit, like everything in Madeira! People who complain about this should do their research before booking! We knew what to expect and were happy.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, they do their best for you. The whole hotel and our room was spotless, always kept clean. Yes it is an older style hotel, and so some things are a little tired, however the room was very quiet & spacious and had everything we needed.
The food and drinks All Inclusive arrangement on Thomson/First Choice's website infers there is more choice of bars & restaurants to use in the complex than there actually is for TUI All Inclusive...however, we knew this as it was our second visit, and the incorrect description is TUI's fault, not the hotel's! We again found that the variety and quality of both food & drinks was very good, always refreshed and replenished, and the staff and chef keen to satisfy their guests requests. People who complain about the food & drinks, need to recognise this is a 3 star hotel...if you want more, pay more, especially in Madeira!
The outside pool area and garden terrace are beautiful, and the indoor pool very nice too..again all kept spotless by an attendant.
All in all a fantastic stay and good value for money. We will definitely return to this hotel to explore more of Madeira in the near future! It's perfect for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Madeira/Funchal, Portugal