On arrival our first impression was. Oh a block of council flats on a steep hill.Our room wasn't ready.When we did finally get our room we were very very delighted. It was spacious clean.Had a fridge and a very useful kitchenette.Our bonus was a balcony overlooking Funchal and the harbour.Especially beautiful at night.. You had a choice of restaurant both serving the same food. We chose the one in Bouganvilla as more comfortable.The soup was the same colour every day but with a different name.Husband travelled with his trusty Tobasco sauce to make it taste.We are not fussy eaters but i was really craving something savoury after a day. I can honestly say i did not enjoy one meal.On a plus side the cakes were delicious as was the bread. If i was to return to Maderia i would go B&B as another trveller said the food in their Ai Hotel was poor. We enjoyed our holiday because the island is beautiful. The hotel pool was freezing. Drinks were ok. 1 grumpy barman but husband said he was alright to him just had a grumpy face. He saw him smile once. Entertainment not entertaining for us. Take our beautiful view from our room away and it would have been the worst hotel we have stayed. It was tired and it showed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Madeira/Funchal, Portugal