It is worth to know that the reduced ratings of this hotel are probably the result of above all too high expectations. One must know that the specifics of the island of Madeira was that it was not so accessible to mass tourism. It is also far from continental Europe, so it is more expensive to get here. Also for these reasons, more expensive hotels dominate here. Those that are cheaper are mainly hotels built in the 20th century and have not been renovated for years. Hotel Mimosa is characterized by the old equipment (80s), but it is very clean here. There are two major drawbacks - often one employee handles reception for two hotels. The second minus is the scourge of pigeons on the balconies (even on high floors!). Please ask the owners to take some steps, because the pigeons unfortunately even enter the hotel rooms. These are birds that carry many parasites, also dangerous for humans, eg Argas reflexus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Madeira/Funchal, Portugal