We stayed at the end of August 2011. There is not much to add to what other reviewers have written, except that we loved it at the resort and are returning this summer (something we have not done before after other holidays!)
This was our first experience of AI and, overall, we were very happy. There was an abundance of food and drink throughout the day and our 6 year old son always found something he could enjoy. The choices on offer in the restaurant were sometimes variable (some great, some ok) but we didn't ever go hungry!! We have decided that this year we will try a couple of the local restaurants too, as recommended by some of the other couples and families there when we stayed. As for the entertainment - it was cheesy and quite camp - but we loved it! It somehow added to the ambience. If you are expecting "top class" acts then this may not be the resort for you (but it does depend on your definition of top class...).
The pools are just lovely, we particularly liked the saltwater one. We never had any problem getting a sunbed but the usual situation of reserving them with towels was commonplace. Still, why be stressed about it when you've spent the money on getting away from the stresses and strains of life at home?
Finally, the beach....by far the most fantastic, clean and spectacular beach we have experienced in Europe. The ocean is a bit choppy but great for wave jumping and boogie boarding. It was sometimes quite windy but good for kite flying with our little boy and the sand was perfect for castle constructing!
We have gone on and on about this hotel to all of our friends and have looked back at last year's photos lovingly - can't wait to arrive there again in August!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo